Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anybody have any nology hotwires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have any nology hotwires

I was wondering if for the money if the wires are worth it? Also will they work for my jdm h22? What kind of performance if any did you guys notice from the wires thanx.

I have them on my F22B...but I cant really tell you how they compare to other wires because these are the only wires I've used on this engine. The price was really steep($150ish), so when its time to replace I might try something different. Sorry if that didnt help much...

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

I advise against them. fitmet is poor and there is no gain. I would suggest stock or NGK blue wire only.

Comment

although most here will go against them i did notice a better response at high rpm. They are a bit steep in price but i feel w/ the complete system installed it'll probablly do much more. agree on fitment - i dosent look like the pic on the website - long ones are to long

Comment

Fitament...? Mine fit and look great. Though they looked like crap before I put the spacers on...but now their nice a pretty.

Jay

Comment

i wouldnt get them again..caused a nasty noise in my stereo system took me weeks to find that one. but then a again i think im the only one using a 7300 dvd by pioneer here and ive been installing for about 7 years so no it wasnt the stereo wiring. soon as i took off the nology's the noise disapeared.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
              Fitament...? Mine fit and look great. Though they looked like crap before I put the spacers on...but now their nice a pretty.

Jay
              No offense to you, But fitment is still poor. What I mean by fitment, is... not too long with the wire lengths which the nologys are too long and look sloppy. I dynoed sets back to back and actually found new stock wires make the most HP. NGKs were next. Magnacore and nology were down in power slightly. Not a lot of difference but enough to warrant use of the NGK's over them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                No offense to you, But fitment is still poor. What I mean by fitment, is... not too long with the wire lengths which the nologys are too long and look sloppy. I dynoed sets back to back and actually found new stock wires make the most HP. NGKs were next. Magnacore and nology were down in power slightly. Not a lot of difference but enough to warrant use of the NGK's over them.
                I wasnt trying to bypass your statement, I was saying, and am still stating that mine fit great. The lengths are just fine, I just had to play with them and arrange them on the dizzy in certain positions and they look very nice and clean-no dangling loose wires. I beleive these, if arranged right, they fit just as good as the stock ones.

I beleive you when you talk about the power compared to other wires, since you have made it known your performance knowledge is extensive. But I already have them and plan to keep using them, if I would have know this before I bought them, then I might have tried others brands...any opinions on ViTek wires?

Jay

Comment

I wonder what a dyno will show with nology's entire setup installed?

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                    I wasnt trying to bypass your statement, I was saying, and am still stating that mine fit great. The lengths are just fine, I just had to play with them and arrange them on the dizzy in certain positions and they look very nice and clean-no dangling loose wires. I beleive these, if arranged right, they fit just as good as the stock ones.

I beleive you when you talk about the power compared to other wires, since you have made it known your performance knowledge is extensive. But I already have them and plan to keep using them, if I would have know this before I bought them, then I might have tried others brands...any opinions on ViTek wires?

Jay
                    I know what you mean. I hope you don't think I was putting your set-up down. I was not. I think you have them arranged as best as they can be. Good job. This is what I meant:

I was refering to specifically the length and how the plugs (wire ends) fit. They are better fitting at the distributor than the Nologys. When I had the Nologys, the end would fall off the distributor and I had to zip tie them on. I had problems with MSD too.
                    since you already have them, run them... You aren't losing that much. When it comes to the time when they need to be replaced, A better purchase would be the NGK's, based on cost. I hope that clarifies things.
                    I have yet to Dyno the Vitek brand, so I am no good there.
                    Last edited by 2point6; 10-26-2004, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X