Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

P2R Thermal Intake Manifold Gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P2R Thermal Intake Manifold Gaskets

is it worth the trouble of installing one of these when you only have the usuall bolt-ons i/h/e?

http://www.powerrevracing.com/gaskets.html

ive heard of people using them on turbo setups or on built engines. but i dont kno if it would benifit those with just the usual bolt-ons though.
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

will you feel a difference? no

will it make a difference? probably

is it worth installing? depends on your mechanical skill...if you've pulled multiple motors in your lifetime then installing a IM gasket is cake. If you've never done an install like this than it may not be worth doing.
      1990 Frost White EX Coupe F23A1 - PART OUT
      01 DC4

Comment

Another thing to note is the fact that those are reuseable, which is a plus. I myself would support Bisimoto instead of this company or Hondata.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord View Post
          ive heard of people using them on turbo setups or on built engines. but i dont kno if it would benifit those with just the usual bolt-ons though.
          hummm..

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
          will you feel a difference? no

will it make a difference? probably

is it worth installing? depends on your mechanical skill...if you've pulled multiple motors in your lifetime then installing a IM gasket is cake. If you've never done an install like this than it may not be worth doing.
          though i have the basic skills for this job.. based on your 1st two answers, i guess there's no point in doing this..

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
          Another thing to note is the fact that those are reuseable, which is a plus. I myself would support Bisimoto instead of this company or Hondata.

i would too.. but i got a good deal on it.. also, it's for the G..

Comment

^Yeah, don't get me wrong, it looks like a really nice piece! Bisi's gasket is nice too, fit perfect on my F22A. Hondata will always get a major from me b/c of the F22B1 screw up they made years ago. They made a legit F22B1 gasket and labeled it as F22/H23, they corrected the problem but I did have an "F22/H23" labeled gasket and sold it to a member on here w/ a B1.

Comment

I have used this brand on a couple cars with no issues. If you are pulling the intake to do something other than just the gasket then I say go for it.

Comment

its a pain in the ass to scrape off the old paper gasket, i have a hondata intake manfiold gasket with bolt ons... i cant really tell you if i noticed a difference or not because i did a swap all at once

Comment

i just sold my Bisi IM gasket, but i swapped it on the same time i installed an h23 IM. together they made a big difference on the butt-dyno, but idk about actual power numbers.

i agree with the above posts about supporting bisi over anyone else.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

if i remember right, bisi said that had tested a 7 hp gain on a f22 with his gasket.
                    spin city

Comment

Yes. These phneolic gaskets are perhaps one of the best, cheapest mods you can do to your car.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                        Yes. These phneolic gaskets are perhaps one of the best, cheapest mods you can do to your car.

why so?
                        got the gaskets packaged with a plenum spacer for the price of the spacer.. so, i'm just might sell the gaskets($35 on ebay) if it isn't worth it..

Comment

They cool your IAT's quite a bit. Cooler iat's, more power.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                            They cool your IAT's quite a bit. Cooler iat's, more power.

so they do make that much of a difference to gain atleast a few HP..
                            any personal experience, dyno results or data you may have for good reading regarding these gaskets?

Comment

All personal experience. I've never done any before and after dyno runs, but every single motor that has it feels much peppier. The datalogs definitely show the IAT's dropping by at least 10* and the most important part is that they STAY that cold at all times, even when sitting in traffic.

Comment

Working...
                              X