Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

a little more hp/bisi cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little more hp/bisi cam

after after seeing and talking to jdm_akord about an upgrade of the cam shaft, i finaly decided got get one, bisimoto level 2 ofcorse.

i just need a few things cleared out.....

i talked to bisi about the valve springs and he said that eventhough he strongly recomend one upgrade them if they use the level 2 cam, you can get away if you not planing on high reving the engine all the time. since i have never passed 5k rpms, i decided not to get them....

cam gear..... do i really need it? can i use the stock one?

how is the idle with the bisi level 2 cam. i plan to drive the car daily.

do i really need to get a h23 im or should i just add a spacer to my a1 im?

i have already short ram and full cat back exhaust 2.5.

is this cam emition friendly(don't really care but i would like to know)
    Last edited by alb_accord; 06-03-2009, 06:44 PM.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

I dont have a bisi cam but your questions are relative to almost any cam.

cam gear..... do i really need it? can i use the stock one?
    No you dont. But if you plan on getting the motor tuned it will help out alot to have an adjustable one in there for changes.
    how is the idle with the bisi level 2 cam. i plan to drive the car daily.
    From the specs it says it has a mild lope at idle.
    do i really need to get a h23 im or should i just add a spacer to my a1 im?
    You dont have to but once again if you want the car to breath and open up i would suggest the H23 IM
    i have already short ram and full cat back exhaust 2.5?

is this cam emition friendly(don't really care but i would like to know)
    That i dont know

Comment

I'm pretty sure it won't pass emissions, his stage one will. I would strongley recommend the H23 intake. That cam has more lift and duration than stock meaning it will require more air. Imagine it like breathing through a straw. If your asking if you should get a 2.5 inch exh, I say yes. Some might say 2.25 but the 2.5 will let it exhale better on the top end.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
      "The Turtle"
      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
        I'm pretty sure it won't pass emissions, his stage one will.

I am willing to bet with a proper tune it will.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Why on earth would you buy such a nice cam and only rev to 5k? That's just stupid.

Plus, once you tune the motor with this cam, you WILL rev to 5k, trust me. Why? Because it will rev up so quick you won't even notice.

That's like buying an sc61 or a bigger turbo and only running 5psi.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
            I am willing to bet with a proper tune it will.
            Not with that big of a cam. Such cams expel too much fuel at idle due to their lobes being so damn big.

You might get close with a cat, but highly doubtful. Big cams usually always like a much richer air fuel at idle.

Comment

YOU BETTER GET A TUNE!!! I installed my Delta 272 and I cant get it to run worth a crap and it runs hella rich. I think I went from 27 mpg to 19 mpg without a tune. I am looking for a basemap to get me 85 miles to the dyno. And if your auto...I wouldnt go with anything past a stage one.

Comment

Will a APEXI apexi safc Work for tuning the with the cam swap??

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

It will work, yes. It won't be the best though as you can't make any timing adjustments with it.

Comment

Got Ya...Thanks

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                      It will work, yes. It won't be the best though as you can't make any timing adjustments with it.
                      Aem?

Comment

Why on earth would you buy such a nice cam and only rev to 5k? That's just stupid.
                        wow buddy relax why so violent. if you read my post again i said " i Haven't rev my engine pass 5k rpm" that is all i meant... i don't abuse my car or race it for that matter. i just want a little kick on my daily driving. if i wanted to race it, i would have build a nice strong engine...so relax d112. just show me some love and lets talk about getting me a nice ecm ok.

Comment

I am relaxed. It's you that's taking it a little too deep. I didn't even use exclamation marks. :shrugs:

I won't show you love because I don't roll like that.

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
                            Will a APEXI apexi safc Work for tuning the with the cam swap??
                            I had a 272 in my accord with an oldschool super afc and passed emissions. It was close but I passed.

Comment

I am relaxed. It's you that's taking it a little too deep. I didn't even use exclamation marks. :shrugs:

I won't show you love because I don't roll like that.
                              i am from philly man, i meant brotherly love... lol

so i will get a h23 im and the bisi cam and use the stock cam gear...

now i got to find a good tuner around philly.

Comment

Working...
                              X