Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Header Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Opinions

Hey all. Thinking about getting a new exhaust header because there are a couple of nice options fs 2nd hand nearby to me. There is someone selling one of the RMF drag style replicas from kiddRacing on HT and someone else selling a Mugen one.

The difference in price is a factor. KiddRacing are $600aud and the Mugen are $900aud. I could probably get both of them down a bit. (keep in mind this is Australian $)

From what I've read on ht, the agreement seems to be that the Mugen are a bit overpriced for the performance you get. I'm sure they would be very high quality though.

Does anyone have any experience with the kiddracing drag style ones. How much crossmember did you have to remove? The performance seems to be pretty good for the price. If I could get them for $500aud that would be about the same price as an OBX sort of equivalent.

The engine is stock for the time being and the car will mainly be used for track days.

Or the other option is to just keep waiting. Does anyone have any recent news on the Bisi headers? I've been holding out for them for over a year now probably.

thanks
    Members Ride Thread

I have the kidd racing try y headers off ebay and it made good power, no before /after though. I had to cut all the "lip" off of the cross member about 3-4 in across for clearance.
    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
    newer race video,older race videos
    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

The KiddRacing seem to make some good stuff. There narrow B series hader is awesome looking and made 11whp over a DC sports. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2434887
      I would get the Mugen though if you can get yur hands on it, theres nothing like that rare JDM shit.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
      "The Turtle"
      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Thanks fellas. Decided to get the mugen. The guy with the kiddracing one wouldn't go below $600aud. Even though I got a quote from kiddracing for $600 shipped here for a new one.... That and the guy with the Mugen accepted an offer of $700aud which I'm pretty pleased with.
        Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
          theres nothing like that rare JDM shit.
          Yes there is. Shit that actually performs instead of just being rare and an expensive piece of metal.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            Yes there is. Shit that actually performs instead of just being rare and an expensive piece of metal.
            Well true. It more just for show in my opinion.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
            "The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              So do you have any opinion or experience with this comparison that might be a bit more insightful? Because this is exactly what I'm worried about.

I haven't bought anything yet. Having a look at the Mugen tomorrow. It has apparently had a 2.5" collector done.
              Last edited by Cam; 06-19-2009, 09:04 PM.
              Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
              X