Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

EuroR intake/s2k TB help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EuroR intake/s2k TB help

ok im in a bit of a pickle, i have a euro R mani and a 68mm s2k TB, but my throttle cable is too long, i know some people have done this setup on their h22's so any advice will be very very helpful as this is the last thing i need to make my car move haha, i even tried swapping ove the throttle rotor from the stock f20b TB and the spot that goes through the bracket is in the wrong spot now. I bought the rosko racing kit.

thanks guys

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

no one?

1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

is it an auto throttle cable?

also from what part it too long from the outside?
      or the from the bracket to the TB

try another manual one, or the prelude one works too

Comment

Originally posted by SEXXIILADY712 View Post
        is it an auto throttle cable?

also from what part it too long from the outside?
        or the from the bracket to the TB

try another manual one, or the prelude one works too
        the whole cable is too long if i use the stock f20c rotor at least i think its the stock one, this TB used to be on a B series engine, i dunno if the rotors are different or not, but if i use the stock f20b throttle rotor the cable is the perfect length but the 2 nut part isnt

1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread

Comment

u should get away with an accord cable and rotor
          which should be pretty cheap at the jy.

Comment

Im using my original accord cable with the s2k rotor...

Comment

Redrill the throttle bracket and move it over as needed.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i wish i could jose but rosko built it so the mounting holes are on the outside corners, the cable itself is just the right length im going to try and cut the sheeth next to the fire wall and see what that does

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                  the whole cable is too long if i use the stock f20c rotor at least i think its the stock one, this TB used to be on a B series engine, i dunno if the rotors are different or not, but if i use the stock f20b throttle rotor the cable is the perfect length but the 2 nut part isnt
                  Do you have any pics of what you're having trouble with? After thinking about it again where the 2 nuts are so that you can make adjustments i have that bolt almost all the way out so that it would pull the sheathed part as far back as possible. If i put that bolt any further in the actual cable inside the sheath would have too much slack going around the rotor. Maybe that helps but id like to see what you're having issues with though.

Comment

ill take a video

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

heres the vid

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

Ok i had it all backwards in my head... SORRY

Your video looks dark but it appears you need to do what i said before. That bolt that has to go in the black bracket has a provision on it where the very bottom closest to the rotor it only has a quarter inch worth of thread then theres a space (where you would think to slide the bolt into the bracket) and then the rest of that bolt is threaded all the way out to the sheathed part. I was saying before if i put that bolt in any further it would give slack but i actually meant the opposite when the nuts are far down (which yours looks to be) it makes the cable too tight which then the tb plate would be stuck way open.

You should try moving the nuts up. Maybe my pic would help you out!

Comment

yeah you only need to pull it that tight to get it into place, then run the top nut all the way to the top of the cable like chris showed, and it should be fine..... if its still a little off, you might have to bend that bracket a little bit or drill out the holes and rotate it a little bit so its closer.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

chris, where your nuts are, go about 1/2" further, thats where my nut would go.

mike, i wouldnt be able to bend it enough or drill the holes big enough, or far enough over

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                              chris, where your nuts are, go about 1/2" further, thats where my nut would go.

Your video is really dark in the important places we need to see BUT from what it looks like you dont have the nuts in the right place. What i see is that you have the bottom nut touching that little rubber squishy tube when it should be the top nut touching the opposite side of the bolt. If you have the stock throttle cable assembly then that bolt should have the 1/2" you need to move up. The problem that might be hanging you up is that you see the indentation of where the nuts and bracket should be but you have to ignore that and move both nuts FAR up.

I dont want to insult your intelligence by repeatedly telling you to just move the nuts up but it SHOULD be as simple as that.... If its not can you get a clearer picture of whats going on there. Maybe with the nuts moved up too if possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X