Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

c.o.p. aem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
    my question is still is it worth the $100
    I would say on your application... no.
    Stick with the OEM ignition system and ditch the MSD wires. Use NGK wires instead.

Comment

i have ngk wire. i didnt have this problem with the msd's. not that ngk is a bad wire but explain this and nothing except the cam has changed. and it has been retuned and it still does it. something has to be causing it.
      ngk's

msd's

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

I am confused... When did you add the cam? with or with out the MSD?

Comment

i had msd spark plug wires and i added the cam while on ngk wires and the idle was better but it didnt seem to spin up as fast. but the ngks are supposedly less than 200 ohms is all it says but the msds test at 50ohms so idk

Comment

Your dyno graph still confuses me. I am probably an idiot though...
            The AF goes lean at the point you say there is spark "break up" with the ngks... no other changes, but the AF on the MSD set is richer, why? Also, on the NGKs you make more power... What tunning software are you on? I am suspicious of other issues, but I will wait and have you answered my questions first.

Comment

hell, id take a chance with the taiwan cop to get rid of the icm, coil and rotor setup. ive had so many issues on my specific cb7.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The factory Ignition system is great. Its a waste of money to change it. There may be a few hondas that truly gain with COP, certainly not your average built honda though.
                spin city

Comment

man still having issues with the lines. im going to go back to the msd's. ive had this thing tuned twice since and its still doing it. i never had an issue what so ever with my msd wires. it has fouled out 3 sets of plugs since the last oil change. it looks like ash almost as if it cant burn off the fuel cause the spark isnt hot enough. cop might be a bit much for now but how about pulstar plugs or nology wires. does anyone have experience with them?

Comment

can tell you right now COP isnt going to do anything for you other than create more headache.

is it actually breaking up or are you just going by what the computer screen is telling you?
                    www.850fab.com
                    IG - @850Fab
                    FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

i think i cured it. i took off the cap and the rotor was burned bad in the middle. i still think im going to go back to a msd wire set. car just seemed to have a cleaner burn. plugs stayed a lighter tan instead of a real dark tan.

Comment

Working...
                      X