Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

keg intake... care to try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keg intake... care to try?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...eld-air-intake

my friend was showing me this diy on vortex and i believe it would definitely add to the sound of our intakes and serve as a heat shield as well! on top of that it looks pretty badass what you guys think?

Def wanna hear what this sounds like

But that aint no heat shield baby... aluminum is a great conductor... whatever heat is in the engine bay, that can won't block it

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

yeah i kinda figured that. i honestly see it being more as an aesthetic add on but on top of that the sounds gotta be a lot louder/better. for around 20 bucks though its worth a shot... nothing wrong with using one of your favorite things (beer) to help modify your other favorite thing (car)

Comment

bumpin this cool idea

Comment

shiet you could throw ice in that beeeeeetch

Rip It Up
          Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

if you ever go through a tunnel (i kinda do cause im in baltimore all the time) you can hear the echo of your intake somewhat... i think thats along the lines of whatd it sound like.

Comment

Dude...this is insanely freakin awesome...one or two coats of high temp clear...and its ready to go!

Comment

mmm ill stick to my stock intake.

Comment

I got a gutted h23 intake for that.
                  wat?

Comment

I have a gutted f22 but I wanna upgrade to h23

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                      shiet you could throw ice in that beeeeeetch
                      i'm sure you kidding. but some fool will read this, do it. and then vapor lock up there engine from jamming ice and water in there intake...

this is cool cause it's different. like the jagermeister overflow for the radiator
                      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Im probably going to do this for my next intake idea expect maybe put the filter on the end.

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

That's what I thought. Id have to move my battery

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                            That's what I thought. Id have to move my battery
                            Thats a given, but relocation isn't that bad.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

That's a great reason to buy a mini keg. I have to find one that matches my color scheme (red and black).

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Working...
                              X