Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F20B Doch springs on h22 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20B Doch springs on h22 head

Sups guys, just want start off that most of what I've searched is what not and how not to go about with Sir-T cams(TypeS cams) with a bone dry stock H22a head. I've read about using certain oils and people have gotten by like this. So I know some of the NO NO things to do when going about this.

I have a couple spare motors sitting at my house at the moment. 1 F20b Sir-t head and block and also 1 h22a head and block. also my h22 from hmotorsonline thats sitting in the cb right now.

I have acquired some STR ProSeries camgears and have the Type S cams to be paired together. MY concern is I should or should I use the springs from the f20b head as a minimum for springs and get titanium retainers or just buy some springs. I'm very happy with the bottom end of my current engine and is very healthy with frequent oil changes and is well taken care of as much as I do beat on it, I cater to it and has never seen the sight of 87 octane since its been put in(2yrs). but with time I will eventually rebuild with up graded pistons and rings and rods.

the reason I ask this question is cause like most of us on here I'm balling on a budget and would like to use the money saved from not buying springs and valves for a P28 already chipped and tuned by a friend of mine thats given greats tunes to my buddies. also I'll be porting polishing this my head or the spare head to compliment the cams and camgears.

so plans are as followed:
    port polish
    springs
    retainers
    Type S cams
    ProSeries Camsgears
    along side Bisi heat shield
    h22 intake mani alread polished runners+doublestacked

My goal is to have spirited power and not power hungry as I want to be able to drive in the school zone. I have kids.lol

wouldn't mind putting a h22 head on the f20b dohc block bored to match the head and boosted but that would be another project if the money is right.

Marry Jane

My advice would get aftermarket springs. I believe the springs on the f20b and h22 are different. So I would suggest aftermarket springs. And also at least getting a port job on your t body. Bullfrog does good work. They are located in Elsinore. As for your other plans, it sounds good. Good luck Gabe!
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
      My advice would get aftermarket springs. I believe the springs on the f20b and h22 are different. So I would suggest aftermarket springs. And also at least getting a port job on your t body. Bullfrog does good work. They are located in Elsinore. As for your other plans, it sounds good. Good luck Gabe!
      Thanks man I'll have to run down there. I've lived here for a long as time and never seen this place lol just goes to show. I'll have to run down there and see whats up and most likely have them port my t-body as this was in my plan but didn't post it. I was thinking about maxbore but I rather support a local shop if I can.

also thanks Darkcloud as you pm'ed via phone text lol thanks for the info and wow all these views but not response. Must have teh THREAD HERPES.

Marry Jane

Comment

Np man lol. Not much people know the f20b and h22 heads can swap springs.

Thats one count on how come no one posted on this thread
        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I figured it did just wanted to see how many people have done so or just bought new springs. since I have the head that the cams came from I thought it would work just wanted to see if anyone had any occurring problems, that's why I posted that these would be the minimum.

looks like I'll be taking apart the other head and giving it a nice cleaning and start working on it. I'm in no rush as the cb is running great just trying to get my feet wet on the matter.

Marry Jane

Comment

Best thing you can do

Just take your time and measure everything
            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
            X