Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

soo.. f22 long block plus p14 pistons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soo.. f22 long block plus p14 pistons?

playing with ideas. thinking of taking a f22 to 87mm and tossing in a set. i build motor and will check it but from everything i know there shouldnt be issues.

maybe fitting them on the rods but i didnt double check that yet. any pointers or reasons as to why it wont work. i searched around but for some reason i didnt see anything related, i, good with google fo sho and like i said, didnt see anything.

Superior Tuning Solutions
    Dedspool MFG
    1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
    LOCK.IT.UP

you'er resleeving the block right

Comment

Good luck getting the F22A to sonic test above 86mm.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I will not be sleeving, im simply going to pop my head off and check it out, if i see that it is no thinner than a b20 im going to do it. i just havnt been into this motor yet and looked at that as far as an issue, this idea just popped up, im not a new builder, +2 vs 1.5mm is what i have to check boring wise to make sure there will be enough material.
        if not ill just use a f23

heres my car BTW, just so you know, im not new...

Dedspool MFG
        LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152290

guess someone did do it and it works fine, see ya with a new all motor setup soon.

Dedspool MFG
          LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

While I'm sure you might know a thing or two about engine builds allow me to raise a few points.

First, that build isn't done to my knowledge. It certainly never finished in thread you referred us to and he's had the same message in his signature for a few months at least. Maybe longer. There wasn't even certainty as to whether or not it would work because of the thickness of iron remaining in the cylinder.

Second, read the engine dimension sticky in the performance section and do a bit of math. I know you're wanting to go all motor but that piston is .5mm taller than the PT3 piston. That difference has been accomplished hundreds of times but it's something you still need to be aware of.

Third, with the cost of machine work to accomplish this you may be better off with an F23A block using RSX-S pistons. I know that means an addition purchase but you're taking machining out of the equation and goin with a proven combo.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

the total height is taller. besides that claying the motor will be the only way to see if it works. it was simply an idea and ill throw a set in and see what i end up with. machine work price isnt a biggy, and as for a PROVEN performer, every OEM honda part is, im going based on measurements and the fact we know that they share similarities, if i radius the edge of the combustion chamber looking for bigger quench pads there shouldnt be an issue with clearance regardless of if it fits before claying. i realize there will be work involved. ill do it, thats fine.

also, RS machine has the 12:1 b series 85mm pistons, that may be another route to go since i have a fellow f22 civic chassis guy that looked into it and is acually running the setup. if you look a b20 sleeve thickness vs a 87mm f22 block is actually better on the F series end.

The idea is to retain the stroke and go bore for the gain in displaement, not the other way around compromising.

Dedspool MFG
              LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

yea im not done yet...no more accord means my project stopped.

as for turbo, im not sure i would consider it because you're already stressing the factory sleeves. going bigger isn't going to help but hey if everything works, it'll give me more confidence for my setup!

btw: my aftermarket 87mm pistons ended up being made for a press fit rod so no need to convert to a floating style wrist pin
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by SleeperSEDAN View Post
                  the total height is taller. besides that claying the motor will be the only way to see if it works. it was simply an idea and ill throw a set in and see what i end up with. machine work price isnt a biggy, and as for a PROVEN performer, every OEM honda part is, im going based on measurements and the fact we know that they share similarities, if i radius the edge of the combustion chamber looking for bigger quench pads there shouldnt be an issue with clearance regardless of if it fits before claying. i realize there will be work involved. ill do it, thats fine.

also, RS machine has the 12:1 b series 85mm pistons, that may be another route to go since i have a fellow f22 civic chassis guy that looked into it and is acually running the setup. if you look a b20 sleeve thickness vs a 87mm f22 block is actually better on the F series end.

The idea is to retain the stroke and go bore for the gain in displaement, not the other way around compromising.
                  I actually wondered about such a setup last year. What compression did he yield on the b20 12:1 piston in his f22? I actually wanted to use these pistons for a turbo setup, a lower compression of course, but how long has he been running his setup? Is it daily driven?

Comment

Working...
                  X