Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22A Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A Intake Manifold

The end all thread. Iv looked on 3 forums
    "
    www.preludepower.com
    www.honda-tech.com
    http://hondaswap.com
    "
    to find the best IM for the h22a. I found 3 :

Euro-R(*Over all gains 6-8hp)
    Skunk2(*low-end loss but decent gain at high rpms)
    K2H(*unknown, but its expensive as hell)

Any opinoins and or thoughts ?

*Info that i could find.
    Euro-R
    91.67%
    Skunk2
    8.33%
    K2H
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by tutsuo; 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM.
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
    The end all thread. Iv looked on 3 forums
    "
    www.preludepower.com
    www.honda-tech.com
    http://hondaswap.com
    "
    to find the best IM for the h22a i found 3 :

Euro-R(*Over all gains 6-8hp)
    Skunk2(*low-end loss but decent gain at high rpms)
    K2H(*unknown, but its expensive as hell)

Any opinoins and or thoughts ?

*Info that i could find.
    I'm going for the skunk2. Since its the most economical, you won't have to modify the fuel rail on the Euro R.

The only problem I'm having is the clearance issue on the firewall. Right now, its fitting but I'll have to put the IACV on after the IM is on.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      I'm going for the skunk2. Since its the most economical, you won't have to modify the fuel rail on the Euro R.

The only problem I'm having is the clearance issue on the firewall. Right now, its fitting but I'll have to put the IACV on after the IM is on.
      they make a kit to move that but thats more money =\

your saying with the Euro-R IM i have to mod the fuel rail ?
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

they make a kit to move that but thats more money =\

your saying with the Euro-R IM i have to mod the fuel rail ?
        I'm pretty sure it needs to be modified. Look online at that Rosko Racing's website, I think he can modify them for you if you want.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          I'm pretty sure it needs to be modified. Look online at that Rosko Racing's website, I think he can modify them for you if you want.
          Thats where im most likely going to buy the IM from nearly 500$ though.

Comment

I am in the process of acquiring all Euro R parts. Don't want to have to modify the firewall to accommodate the use of an aftermarket IM.
            H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon View Post
              I am in the process of acquiring all Euro R parts. Don't want to have to modify the firewall to accommodate the use of an aftermarket IM.
              So what your saying is, with a Euro-R IM i will have to do some modification ?

Comment

Only other manifold I would upgrade to is the euro r, gains all around. I would install because my driving is mostly down low.

Comment

So what your saying is, with a Euro-R IM i will have to do some modification ?
                  No. The Euro R is not an aftermarket IM. Do some research for using a Euro R IM on an H22 in a USDM car. It will tell you everything you need.
                  H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

I've got the skunk2 in my bay right now and my firewall isn't modified at all. IACV clears by a good 1.5". You just need to put it on after you put the IM on. Just gotta use your head, thats all.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

No. The Euro R is not an aftermarket IM. Do some research for using a Euro R IM on an H22 in a USDM car. It will tell you everything you need.
                      Oh i have, i thought you were saying you needed to modify something. I cant wait to get this IM.

Anyone have any good Throtle Bodies out there ?

Comment

I thought the Skunk2 lost power on stock motors

EuroR is a lot of work for like 3 HP at redline

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          I thought the Skunk2 lost power on stock motors

EuroR is a lot of work for like 3 HP at redline
                          hmm odd, from what iv read from more then just a few people,

SKunk2 losses power but has an ok gain at high rpms.

Euro-R is a plug and play and on average 6-8HP all through RPMs..

where did u get your information ?

Comment

Working...
                          X