Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22 to h22 IM adapter with Skunk2 IM installed see pics, dyno to come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try another MAP sensor

That shop got it to work so its def just a problem with your setup, not the whole setup period

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

map sensors job is to read vacuum/boost from the intake manifold.....

so....

connect the map sensor to a vacuum inlet of the manifold and all your problems should be over
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        Try another MAP sensor

That shop got it to work so its def just a problem with your setup, not the whole setup period
        Already tried a 3rd MAP sensor. Same results.

What SHOP are you talking about?
        Last edited by Tishock; 07-20-2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
          map sensors job is to read vacuum/boost from the intake manifold.....

so....

connect the map sensor to a vacuum inlet of the manifold and all your problems should be over
          Please, don't take this as an asshole response because I don't mean it to be....

But I know that and it is connected.
          Last edited by Tishock; 07-23-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

did you ever get it dynoed after? also have you tried changing ecus to see if its a circuit board problem.
            Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 08-04-2012, 01:28 PM.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
              did you ever get it dynoed after? also have you tried changing ecus to see if its a circuit board problem.
              I guess you didnt notice the quick updates in the original post.

The car has been running fine as of 07/22/2012 and the dyno tune has been scheduled for this coming Wednesday 08/08/2012. I'll also be running the car hard at an autox this weekend August 11-12
              Last edited by Tishock; 08-06-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

In for dyno results. This seems really cool! The Skunk2 IM is one of the few Skunk2 products we can use that I don't view as being crap. I believe 2point6 claimed better results from the Euro R manifold, but as you said, the price is the same or more for one of those. I expect this to provide some really nice gains, especially with the added runner length provided by the adapter. Honestly, a 10whp gain over the dinky F22A1 manifold wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Comment

What caused the cel?
                  My 91 ex coupe
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Originally posted by dockinrez View Post
                    What caused the cel?
                    The problems were brittle wires in the harness that lead to open circuits and a bad P12 ecu possibly caused by the wires. With those issues being resolved the car is running well now.
                    Last edited by Tishock; 08-06-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

updates?
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                        updates?
                        Originally posted by tishock View Post
                        I guess you didnt notice the quick updates in the original post.

The car has been running fine as of 07/22/2012 and the dyno tune has been scheduled for this coming Wednesday 08/08/2012.
                        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Something always seems to come up .

On the way home late last night the car started with the erratic idle again. Turn out to be an easy vacuum leak fix, it kind of feels like the Car Gods are picking on me lately.

08/08/2012 UPDATE - Unfortunately the Dyno tuning session did not happen this morning. My AEM EMS was not working correctly when it was hooked up. So it was dropped off at AEM's offices for evaluation and repair. Should hear back by tomorrow morning. If repaired then the car will be Dynode as early as tomorrow. If it cant be repaired it will be at least 2-4 weeks before I can purchase another EMS.

Last edited by Tishock; 08-08-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

WtF! I've thought about this dyno twice today lol
                            My 91 ex coupe
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              In for dyno results. This seems really cool! The Skunk2 IM is one of the few Skunk2 products we can use that I don't view as being crap. I believe 2point6 claimed better results from the Euro R manifold, but as you said, the price is the same or more for one of those. I expect this to provide some really nice gains, especially with the added runner length provided by the adapter. Honestly, a 10whp gain over the dinky F22A1 manifold wouldn't surprise me in the least.
                              Personally I have had better results with the Euro R manifold on H22's would love to see a comparison between the Euro and the skunk on a F22.

Comment

For the guys that don't check the first page for updates.

08/15/2012 UPDATE - My AEM EMS is no good . So it's going to be about a month before I can buy a new one and reschedule the dyno tune. But that's if I don't start working on my RX7 again (see signature). It's been almost 4 months since pulling the engine and I haven't touched it since.

FYI - I'm not going to add any new updates after this, until the car has been dynode.

The car is running strong. But I may upgrade my exhaust and I may have my Bisi Header welded together (the exhaust fumes are killing me). And I'll resist the urge to change anything else until the dyno tune.
                                Last edited by Tishock; 08-15-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X