Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anybody Got A Aem Fuel Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
    You tell em Cisco...

BTW The stock fuel rail has been proven to provide more than enough flow to handle 275-300+ hp...

You're more likely to have a need to replace injectors long before having to even think about upgrading the fuel rail...

for aesthetic questions in the all motor forum...
    good shit, ill save my 125 dollars and put it towards an a6 mani
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol i love ya tonk.... i got an aem fuel fail and aem fpr and that 300 bucks was worth it....every god damn person say "o u can spend that on something better" lol like what a P&P or a regrind or lmao rofl turbo lol. regrind and p&p will give u little hp. for me bolt's-on's first then....more extreme more agressive work.....but yes tonk i agree.....don't ever ever ever tell anyone how to build there car....facts such as the stated fuel rail that had a bigger bore is good info. but any other bs on build it this way or idiot for spending 300 on that is freakin retarded.

what i don't think people realize is that alot of stuff like aem fuel rail and fpr are used later on as well for more extreme mods. take that into consideration ok?????

damn this forum is making me sad....more and more people bashing and forcing others to do things thier way or "your dumb" tis tis tis
      My members ride thread

Comment

Its not bashing if its guidance. Your dumping a bit more fuel in upon throttle tip in is why you feel a difference in throttle response. Probably something close to a 12.3:1 a/f ratio. By increasing the volume of the fuel rail you've effectively increased the potential amount of fuel that flows through the injectors...but if the injectors are still opening at the same duration there isn't any more fuel going into the cylinders (unless the fuel pressure was raised) but neither would it create more power. Air + fuel creates power. F22's run about a 12.5:1 a/f ratio stock all throughout the powerband. lowering that a/f ratio as you have would actually cause a loss of power because theres no substantial increase of air going into the engine to compensate the fuel. The FPR on the other hand can add about 1-3hp because of the increase of atomized fuel...but a substantial air increase must still be compensated with it. And i'm not just talking an intake.

Honestly, when the guys in this thread said it was a waste of money if you were going for HP they were correct. And i can back it up with technical talk. I have the ability to prove to you scientifically as to why it was an aesthetic purchase and not a power purchase.

If you believe otherwise then dyno it and have your proof on paper. Essentially you could have had the same throttle response with a $20 throttle rotor. But in the end, we're glad your happy with your purchase
        Last edited by MRX; 09-27-2005, 12:52 PM.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          Its not bashing if its guidance. Your dumping a bit more fuel in upon throttle tip in is why you feel a difference in throttle response. Probably something close to a 12.3:1 a/f ratio. By increasing the volume of the fuel rail you've effectively increased the potential amount of fuel that flows through the injectors...but if the injectors are still opening at the same duration there isn't any more fuel going into the cylinders (unless the fuel pressure was raised) but neither would it create more power. Air + fuel creates power. F22's run about a 12.5:1 a/f ratio stock all throughout the powerband. lowering that a/f ratio as you have would actually cause a loss of power because theres no substantial increase of air going into the engine to compensate the fuel. The FPR on the other hand can add about 1-3hp because of the increase of atomized fuel...but a substantial air increase must still be compensated with it. And i'm not just talking an intake.

Honestly, when the guys in this thread said it was a waste of money if you were going for HP they were correct. And i can back it up with technical talk. I have the ability to prove to you scientifically as to why it was an aesthetic purchase and not a power purchase.

If you believe otherwise then dyno it and have your proof on paper. Essentially you could have had the same throttle response with a $20 throttle rotor. But in the end, we're glad your happy with your purchase
          I am VERY happy, and it looks GREAT!
          My CB7

Comment

red, blue, or silver?
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              red, blue, or silver?
              lol i am going for the blue theme personally. it may not have made a big difference with just the fuel rail but entire fuel system omg yes. biggest gain so far. and that is w/o replacing the fuel filter yet too lol yea i should get that done soon. and i agree with the scientific aspects u mentioned. unless fuel pressure is increased, then no additional fuel will be delivered however in my case the venom injectors are 265cc not 240cc so there is some additonal fuel being delivered. i think last time i checked b4 my fp gauge broke was at 40psi. i blindly changed that o well seems ot be working well and not rich enough to see or smell. and yes most people get it for the aesthetics but it is a good upgrade in the LONG haul. IMO
              My members ride thread

Comment

Color matching, its the least that can be done... I was such a turd in HS. I had red rail to match my type R emblems...

Comment

i have a sliver str 90 shipped its urs ,its brandnew
                  Boosted!!

Comment

Working...
                  X