Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

is a header worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is a header worth it?

i have a 91 lx auto with a short ram and a muffler and i want some more power without spendng a lot of money. so is a header worth getting and does it add that much power?
    OHIO CB7

yeah

I think so especially in the LX model...if you had an EX it wouldnt be as important
    ..you reduce the back pressure.therefore increasing hp......yeah i would say so.

Comment

depends how much you pay :oh:
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

IMO: headers isnt really worth buying unless you have the "whole" package! If ur suckin in more air with an intake, flowing more exhaust through the header, but still have restrictive exhaust system....ur not gonna end up getting the full potential from the header cuz ur car is gonna run out of breath at higher rpms....so if you decide to get more horespower...go with intake/headers/cat-back exhaust! when you said you had a muffler is it just a weld on, but with stock mid pipe? cuz the only gain ur gonna get from that is LOUDNESS! Either way, good luck and happy tuning!!
        -Sean S- FED-TOWN!!
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

this is exactly why i have a custom 2.5" exhaust for my car with a muffler on the back, now im gonna get headers and the CAI.

Comment

sweet, thanks guys. i do hope in getting a whole exhaust system sometime so ill get the power for all of it.
            OHIO CB7

Comment

Id you need a DC sports header. Im selling Mine Extreamly Cheap Im me on aim poo1side

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                IMO: headers isnt really worth buying unless you have the "whole" package! If ur suckin in more air with an intake, flowing more exhaust through the header, but still have restrictive exhaust system....ur not gonna end up getting the full potential from the header cuz ur car is gonna run out of breath at higher rpms....so if you decide to get more horespower...go with intake/headers/cat-back exhaust! when you said you had a muffler is it just a weld on, but with stock mid pipe? cuz the only gain ur gonna get from that is LOUDNESS! Either way, good luck and happy tuning!!
                -Sean S- FED-TOWN!!
                ive heard guys say this too...........but when i installed my CAI with my stock headers and exhaust..my top speed on the interstate increased..i could hit 120 no problemo...when i had the restrictive box..it was a struggle for 115....you should build your system piece by piece just like me...so you can feel each upgrade.........and it wont hit hard on your wallet.........
                Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 07-27-2005, 05:06 AM.

Comment

i have an ex, and i was thinking just aftermarket dc or megan header + intake.. honestly anyone tried this? and any gains?

im sure there will be gains, but are they worth it, more importantly will my MPG increase?

i don't really care for big exhaust sounds, but i'll leave that last, for now just the important and less costly stuff.
                  hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                    i have an ex, and i was thinking just aftermarket dc or megan header + intake.. honestly anyone tried this? and any gains?

im sure there will be gains, but are they worth it, more importantly will my MPG increase?

i don't really care for big exhaust sounds, but i'll leave that last, for now just the important and less costly stuff.
                    Hey well the EX gets its extra 10 ponies from the header......im not sure about the DC header made specifically for the EX..im sure you prolly gain maximus about 6-8 ponies on the power band somewhere...not even that......i am gonna go with DC because all the stuff they make has been dyno'd to perform and is usually the best......im not sure about megan.....

I heard you lose some torque at the bottem end of the powerband..im not sure about MPG increasing.......change your spark plugs and drive like an old lady for that........

Comment

hahah i do run NGK"s vpower gapped at stock settings, as well as keep my INTAKE cleaned.

I think your right bought the dc header, i'll think bought it. i hope i can get the old one off..
                      hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                        -Sean S- FED-TOWN!!
                        Yep, I agree with this person. Intake, header and exhaust is a good starting point for future mods to come, you will have the basis covered to help optimize these upcoming mods. Another thing to consider is, what are your overall goals...set them, then I personally would start actually installing the parts from the inside of the engine out. Meaning...if you soley plan to do cyl head mods and the basic I/H/E, no block work....then I'd get your head ported, get a valvetrain if needed, camshaft, cam gear, then have your I/H/E on for this setup after doing these mods because you'll just have to remove the intake and header anyways to install the head, etc. I like doing things in one shot personally.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i got header, intake and a full 2.5'' exhaust and hi flow cat and it def. made a difference for me, more torque and hp. i recommend, but dont spend too much.

Check Out My Car

Comment

Working...
                          X