Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Skunk 2 VS Euro R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk 2 VS Euro R

I really need some help with which one to get for my 93 ex with ABS. H22 of course already swap. I did search the site for info on doing the swap, but none of the links work. I rather go the easier route. Also need to know what ecu to use? I really want to change the manifold, plus should I throttle body? How much tuning is necessary to get it right? I am a DIY, but have access to shops if necessary.

I am new here, this site is like that!

skank2 if you want no bottom end, euro r if you arent happy with the stock or even stock modified, but looks like i might be sticking with a stock IM.

ECU you need is depended on what you are building the motor too... just gonna throw it in there? P13.. if not do some more searching and youll find out what you need for a more tunable ECU platform.

TB: www.maxbore.com

good luck and some of your post is still confusing.. im jsut assuming i read this all right..

Comment

I have a used Skunk 2 intake manifold for sale, with a hybrid 68MM Skunk 2 throttle body if you're interested, almost half price!
      1991 Honda Accord Ex
      Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
      Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
        skank2 if you want no bottom end, euro r if you arent happy with the stock or even stock modified, but looks like i might be sticking with a stock IM.

ECU you need is depended on what you are building the motor too... just gonna throw it in there? P13.. if not do some more searching and youll find out what you need for a more tunable ECU platform.

TB: www.maxbore.com

good luck and some of your post is still confusing.. im jsut assuming i read this all right..
        Sorry for the confusion. I really just need to know what is best for 93 ex with ABS. Also the details of the install of a euro r? I read on the site the skunk 2 is really fitment issues and how tight it is. I want to get the most out of motor with just bolt ons

Comment

Originally posted by 540ACCEX
          Sorry for the confusion. I really just need to know what is best for 93 ex with ABS. Also the details of the install of a euro r? I read on the site the skunk 2 is really fitment issues and how tight it is. I want to get the most out of motor with just bolt ons
          The Euro R manifold is more trouble than its worth....it requires too much damn modification before it can be placed upon any h22a head....because the Euro R head is vaccuum assisted, the euro R manifold was designed for that very reason, holes need to be drilled, and plugged....too much damn time in order for it to work IMO....the people who actually have gotten it to work know how much time and effort it takes to get one to operate right on an h22....Skunk 2 fits fine in the CB7....not too sure about the one with ABS though....IMO the modification costs too much money to do unless you yourself are going to be doing the work....than it just takes time....lots of time...I know a friend of mine spent like 50 hours labor time trying to get his to work on his CB....And even if you port it out like 2point6 did.....it only makes like 1 or so WHP over the Skunk....it's all in how much you really want to spend on your car.....oh BTW....the SMSP header for the H22A is one of the best....makes like 20-25WHP depending on how yours is made...im tryin to do the same as you...(the most power out of stock) and ITB's are also a good start if ya wanna make crazy power out of the stock engine!
          1991 Honda Accord Ex
          Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
            The Euro R manifold is more trouble than its worth....it requires too much damn modification before it can be placed upon any h22a head....because the Euro R head is vaccuum assisted, the euro R manifold was designed for that very reason, holes need to be drilled, and plugged....too much damn time in order for it to work IMO....the people who actually have gotten it to work know how much time and effort it takes to get one to operate right on an h22....Skunk 2 fits fine in the CB7....not too sure about the one with ABS though....IMO the modification costs too much money to do unless you yourself are going to be doing the work....than it just takes time....lots of time...I know a friend of mine spent like 50 hours labor time trying to get his to work on his CB....And even if you port it out like 2point6 did.....it only makes like 1 or so WHP over the Skunk....it's all in how much you really want to spend on your car.....oh BTW....the SMSP header for the H22A is one of the best....makes like 20-25WHP depending on how yours is made...im tryin to do the same as you...(the most power out of stock) and ITB's are also a good start if ya wanna make crazy power out of the stock engine!
            Thanks for the info! I sent you email, asking how much you want for yours. I planto do work myself. Plus I hope you were talking bout the Euro-r that took 50 hours of labor. I think I will go with skunk 2. What ecu did you use? Also is the ITB easy to find and install? Where did you get those headers? Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to produce more with this motor.

Comment

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
              I really hate it when people speak for me... especially when the information is incorrect. The Euro R manifold is a good manifold for power. It does take a fair bit of modification to work but first, let me correct the miss-information above. The fuel injectors from the Euro R require vacuum. The head is cast differently than the H22 or F20b to accomodate this. The Euro R manifold is not too hard to modifify if you know what to do. My write-up was done to show all the things I thought would make the manifold work to its potential. A lot of time was spent around the fuel injector area. I had 10 Hrs total into modifying my manifold. I am sorry for those who spent more. The last manifold I modified took only a short time to do, but several steps were omitted for simplicity.

Again, to correct miss-information about the skunk2 compared back to back with the Euro R... The Skunk2 made 2-3 peak WHP at 7500 RPM over the Euro R, but was down on HP and TQ throughout the rev range. I consider the Euro R to be the better manifold because its power gains were in the driveable area of the power curve and not just at an area where little time is spent.

Again a miss quote... My manifold was not ported out. The area around the fuel injectors was modified to promote the spray pattern of the stock fuel injectors. There was not any match porting done either.

To "91hybridaccord", as much as I enjoy you hanging out at my shop, my suggestion is to make sure the information you post about me and the work I have done is correct. You have learned a lot, I give you credit for that, but make sure you are "on point" if you are going to post something. I also put your skunk2 mainifold on your car, so you really don't know how easy or not it was to install. Only slightly less effort is required to make the skunk2 work in the CB7 than the Euro R. Therre are trade-offs to both.

So everyone else knows, "91hybridaccord" did in fact help one of my mechanics do the f20b swap in the 92 Accord here at Collective Racing. I am in no way trying to put him down, but I am definately trying to get the correct information stated.
              Last edited by 2point6; 08-12-2005, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                Here is a link to my step by step: http://info.honda-tech.com/index.inf...roR_IM_Install

Dead link ^^

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman83
                  Dead link ^^
                  I will try to find a working link.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                    I will try to find a working link.
                    Hey thanks for that info. I hope you get that link up, I dont that I can do the euro-r install myself. With good instructions I am sure my mechanic can figure it out. Also hopefully you can answer this question cause no one seem to know. Does the skunk 2 and euro r manifold fit in 93 ex with ABS? I dont want to take ABS, really dont have time to do it and definitely not go to pay for the labor on that.

Comment

is your website down scott?
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

well i guess scotts site is still down.. cause he had a complete how to install for the euro R with picstures...

so scott.. you didnt port match but you ported on the runners to match the spray of the injectors? and that gave you an increase in power but you still werent satisfied so you went ITBs?

well if you still have your stock IM i might pick that up off of you.. shoot me a PM if you are interested in selling.

Comment

Originally posted by 540ACCEX
                          Hey thanks for that info. I hope you get that link up, I dont that I can do the euro-r install myself. With good instructions I am sure my mechanic can figure it out. Also hopefully you can answer this question cause no one seem to know. Does the skunk 2 and euro r manifold fit in 93 ex with ABS? I dont want to take ABS, really dont have time to do it and definitely not go to pay for the labor on that.
                          The Euro R will fit just fine. If you use the Skunk2, good luck using a good intake such as a 3" AEM CAI... Other than that there are only minor clearance issues to contend with.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                            is your website down scott?
                            Still... it was hacked. I lost the info.

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
                              well i guess scotts site is still down.. cause he had a complete how to install for the euro R with picstures...

so scott.. you didnt port match but you ported on the runners to match the spray of the injectors? and that gave you an increase in power but you still werent satisfied so you went ITBs?

well if you still have your stock IM i might pick that up off of you.. shoot me a PM if you are interested in selling.
                              I only did the area around the injector. I did "blend" the rest of the port, but it was not a "matched port". I wanted to maintain the port as close to stock as possible, so I could do testing later, but I never got the time to go back and actually change the runner shape. I am doubtfull that it would have made any significant difference. The porting around the injectors was to minimize any obstruction of spray pattern. I basically duplicated what was on the stock manifold and transfered it to the Euro R. I figured Honda knew something...

As far as ITBs... I would say at this point it is a test. I have yet to see any increase over my stock modified manifold. Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                              X