Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

should i go stage one clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i go stage one clutch?

just as the title states? oppinions welcome from those with or who have had it.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

A stage one ACT can handle up to 278lb-ft of torque. I you need more than that then look into the higher stages.

Comment

I've had an XTD stage 1 for about 2 months now and it's been pretty good. Grip is noticeably improved over stock. If you plan on making a good deal of power (turbo) or want to run nitrous, stage 1 is definitely the way to go
      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

yea i dont plan on makin assloads of power. this car is mainly just my daily driver/autocross for fun car. im having to replace my engine, and we found out i need to get a new clutch and resurface my flywheel. so i figured i would go stage one clutch.

thanks for the info guys.

My Members Ride Thread
        Originally posted by deevergote
        You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

I would do it anyway just to be on the safe side. Some time or another you will need a new clutch(guess depending on driving) and i think it will help out some on your autocrossing.
          Originally posted by Makaveli2k
          Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

Working...
          X