Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bottom End Rebuild parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom End Rebuild parts

I am planning to rebuild my bottom when the weather warms up again. I have worn rings and the engine burns alot of oil. The head is not due for any work because its a clean head that I swapped on during the summer.
    And the rebuild is for experience and well to get a better engine in the process.

Now I am looking into parts to rebuild the bottom end and this is what I got:

Elring - Crankshaft Seal $3.83
    Stone - Crankshaft Seal $2.62
    ACL - Main Bearing Set $31.53
    NPR - Piston Set - Engine $85.71
    ACL - Rod Bearing Set $21.85
    Total 145.54
    All of the parts meet OE standards according to the site I plan on ordering from.
    Do I need anything else? and what do you guys think about the parts?

What engine this for?

Crankshaft seals cover both ends?

What is NPR piston set? You mean rings?

You call for price quotes regarding machining on the block?

Do you know if simply honing is good enough to clean up the cylinder sleeves or is boring needed? Only way to know is by taking it apart and having a machinist check for you. If there is boring to be done (not honing) than you will need over-bored pistons and matching rings for it. Generally a machine shop will charge for cleaning, decking, boring/honing the sleeves for your needed work since your sticking with stock internals. My shop would quote you around $200 for the work you need, another $150 if you were to get different internals and needed to balance the rotating assembly.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-16-2006, 11:14 AM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
      My shop would quote you around $200 for the work you need, another $150 if you were to get different internals and needed to balance the rotating assembly.
      Is that the shop you told me about thats located in Ohio?

Comment

Autozone sells a gasket set, for about 120 bucks for our cars I believe. I'd do that and just change every gasket on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by TouringAccord
          Is that the shop you told me about thats located in Ohio?
          Yes, PM'd you the info if I didn't before.

Comment

The engine is F22A6
            When I replaced the head the sleeves looked good. They were not scored or anything, but thats only by eye.

The piston ring set was like 30 something dollars or around there and I saw that they had the piston ring set, which has the pistons and rings as the whole set.
            And the crankshaft seal is for front and rear.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
              The engine is F22A6
              When I replaced the head the sleeves looked good. They were not scored or anything, but thats only by eye.

The piston ring set was like 30 something dollars or around there and I saw that they had the piston ring set, which has the pistons and rings as the whole set.
              And the crankshaft seal is for front and rear.
              NPR $85.71 for 4 pistons and 4 sets of rings?? Sounds too cheap even for stock-replacement parts. Are you just honing and keeping 85mm pistons then? you reusing stock pistons?

I've heard good things on ACL, never heard of other crankshaft seal manufacturer.

Comment

The piston set

I am going to keep stock 85mm bore. I am just going to just hone it out and no boring since the block looked ok.
                If the seals arent that good quality, I guess I will just stop in at honda and get those. How much do they run at the dealer?

Comment

Working...
                X