Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 header

What is a good header for the h22? but not one that cost a arm and a leg?

Thanks
    Buy From
    http://www.rld-fab.com

Great Manifolds,Down pipes,Ect.

i hear many people use the Megan one off eBay...I think its like $130. I have a DC and really like it...but it's also like twice as much. People will pretty much argue over those 2 the entirety of this thread (if it isnt locked soon). Really tho, there's a lot of threads on here (check out the Swaps section too)about the same topic, just use the search man...you can find all kinds of stuff.
    Last edited by Liljord05; 02-21-2006, 04:13 PM.
    Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

I got a stock one for sale

Comment

From what i've read, the h22 stock manifold is as good ad dc and megan. The only real upgrades are the smsp and etc. that cost >1k

Comment

I got myself a greddy header on its way for my new swap. I heard they are the closest to rmf and smsp custom headers. I may go ahead, if i have time, and make the secondary portion of the manifold 2.5" ID other than the stock 2.25". Many guys on honda-tech say this is the best for the price. Dyno tested, they say its about 2-4 whp off from the custom headers.

Im also contemplating in my head that if i go out and do this mod to a brand new header, will i notice a difference with my 2.25" cat-back piping...

Michalob's CB7

Comment

closest? If by closest they mean at least $500 difference and about 10-15WHP, then yea, theyre the closest, lol. but they suck. nothing is gona give you a noticable improvement compared to smsp or the rmf.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              closest? If by closest they mean at least $500 difference and about 10-15WHP, then yea, theyre the closest, lol. but they suck. nothing is gona give you a noticable improvement compared to smsp or the rmf.
              Yep what he said. I think Hytech makes H22A header also but i havent heard about them recently. GReddy will only give you slight gains you need to read up on there test again on HT.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                thats why plenty of guys on honda-tech have gotten a dyno with a modded greddy header and only 2-4 whp off... and yes 500$ more in my pocket since im not a stickler for hp numbers anyways...

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  Yep what he said. I think Hytech makes H22A header also but i havent heard about them recently. GReddy will only give you slight gains you need to read up on there test again on HT.
                  And yes, I read up on the sticky they had on prelude headers. sat there for about 2-3 hours trying to find which header would be best for the money with the best gains. Also I wanted a Stainless header. I think over-all, its just a preference to what you really want.

Ask yourself, would ya rather spend 800-1000$ on a header, or lets say, 350$ on a decent header and hmm, 500-700$ on headwork? suspension? or even just completing a swap even like im doing...lol.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
                    And yes, I read up on the sticky they had on prelude headers. sat there for about 2-3 hours trying to find which header would be best for the money with the best gains. Also I wanted a Stainless header. I think over-all, its just a preference to what you really want.

Ask yourself, would ya rather spend 800-1000$ on a header, or lets say, 350$ on a decent header and hmm, 500-700$ on headwork? suspension? or even just completing a swap even like im doing...lol.
                    id rather spend 1000 on a header if i was to ever buy a header. i want the best for my baby.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                    X