Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ecu base tune question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu base tune question

anyone know where I can get a base/factory tune from a 92-93 EX? I plan on going Hondata to play around with a custom ITB set-up I've been working on for my F22. I have a P28 ecu I'll be using to run the engine. I just got my Delta 272 back today... I'll need to find a way to get the base tune soon... can anyone help? thanks...

hope this is in the right section... I'm a bit of a newbie
    my signature image has been removed because it was too large

Zero's R

[- IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/lamoda29/moreandmorecarstuff008.jpg[/IMG -]

My CB7

maybe... but I asked for a base tune. not whether or not I could handle something of this magnitude... I know it's not easy to tune them. what better way to learn...than by starting with a project like this huh?

Zero's R

[- IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/lamoda29/moreandmorecarstuff008.jpg[/IMG -]

My CB7

Comment

I don't consider it an attitude. you kinda jumped on me for no real reason. I just asked a simple question... this isn't the kind of thing I want to keep happening. I avoided posting on this forum for reason just like this. ask a simple question and people get nasty... why? I was only asking for a little help... I don't get it.

Zero's R

My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Zero's R
        why? I was only asking for a little help... I don't get it.
        People will be more than willing to help you if you've searched and are still lost, or if you have a question that isn't stickied.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11966

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10335
        All ZigenBallZ was trying to point out is for you to search.
        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

thanks... I really don't want to be spoon fed as he suggested. I have searched before and still couldn't come up with anything... I've been hesitant to ask anyone anything since I joined, because everyone seems to get so bent out of shape. I'm not asking for someone to give me a base tune they've made, I was just trying to see if there was one around that was true to factory. I know Hondata has a lot of base-tunes... unfortunately our cars aren't so popular as to be included as one of them-to my knowledge. I've been looking into this since this time last year... probably all the wrong places. again, thanks for your help...

Zero's R

My CB7

Comment

if you are gonna run ITBs dont waste your time looking for a base tune. you will be buying the hondata s300 if you want real ITB support, and then you can make your own base tune in a matter of seconds.

Comment

thanks for the input. the s300 system is just what I was planning on getting. I just figured the EX tune was a good place to start. all this was really a precursor to tuning another engine I have. my LS/Vtec with TWMs-but I'm selling it soon-hopefully... anyway I wanted to practice on the F22. thanks for all the input... maybe when I get time and another digital camera I can post some pics of my project.

Zero's R

My CB7

Comment

i have tried to do some tunign on ITBs on a sohc civic engine and crome works better than the Hondata Romeditor software, while the s300 seems the best way to start out of them all.

Comment

thanks to all. I'll try and get it right next time. I will check back with Hondata... but the last few times I was there I came up with nothing. still it's worth it to check again. Zigen thanks for the welcome. I'll admit I don't know a ton about mapping-not much at all, but I've read over Hondata's site a whole lot. I've printed out page upon page of stuff from them--this was a few years ago when I was just getting into some fundamentals, and trying to teach myself. I don't know much, but I am always willing to learn. I'll keep searching for everything I need to get this finished. trust me I HAVE looked, but as I've said... it was the wrong places. I've been at this particular project for over a year and only now am I actually starting to get somewhere with this aspect of it...again, thanks to everyone who has commented... I appreciate all the feedback...

Zero's R

My CB7

Comment

where in FL do u live? And yea Zigen is right, i almost exited the thread by the time i read half of the very first post. Oh and Crome is better for ITB's...lets see if u can find out why
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I live in Tampa. I'd never heard of crome before tonight... and I honestly believe I have put a huge amount of effort into trying to find what I want... when I ran out of ideas I just thought I'd ask I'm learning some new stuff now... but I was already aware of a few things like Alpha-N set-ups, stuff of that nature. it's said that this is the way to go for tuning ITBs... using the TPS and engine speed. I know a bit about bsfc... things like that, not freeware names. haven't heard of anything outside of mega-squirt and that's just a management system. it seems people don't think I've been doing ANY searching for this kind of stuff the way this is going, I don't think I'll post again... too much difficulty. anyway thanks... I'll look up this crome soon.

Zero's R

My CB7

Comment

well i can see that you are trying so theres no need to never post again. Your not to far away from me so i could actually help you depending on how far along you really are with the project.
                        http://www.tunewithcrome.com/
                        www.pgmfi.org - sign up there and find the crome section...theres lots to read up on.
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

the ITB's are complete... did the final porting on them this past week. my inexpensive header, high flow cat (Random Tech), and part of my RS-R EX MAG are at swain receiving coatings probably as we speak. I've had the p28 for a while, and I got the 272 back just today. my problem right now is finding a way to NOT go Alpha-N if I can help it... I figure it's worth a shot. also I'm wondering if this is going to make a large enough difference that I need bigger injectors...so I'm thinking of getting some DSM's, but I highly doubt it, and yet... I have seen that with tuning on an SOHC VTEC engine, a similar ghetto-fab ITB set-up made 40 bhp with no other mods-and this particular car used a vacuum collector to run mostly like stock. things are still in the works... right now funding for the s300 upgrade is the biggest obstacle... and I'd need to get my hands on some software and interfaces. there's dyno's all around here now... one within minutes of where I live. I have a laptop... I just need to get rid of the ls/vtec components. I'm going to be going back to school soon, and moving... I won't have time to continue with it even though I only need rod bearings to assemble, nor will I be able to keep spending $150/month for the storage of my car and all the parts I've gotten through the years. I still want to learn this... but school is more of a priority right now. if I can get rid of a lot of my other stuff, I'd be ready very soon... I don't know if that gives you any kind of time frame or any indication to how far along I am, but that's what I have. my greatest appreciation for you being kind and offering your help...

Zero's R

My CB7

Comment

good point. but if there's changes to anything, I'd have to keep hitting the dyno to get it right again. I know I didn't say before, but this is my daily driven car. I initially wanted the base tune so that I could make a few changes to it and take a few notes. if it didn't work out, I could easily go back with fouling plugs, and ruining my car's driveability. when I dropped it off in late October and got it back early December getting it painted, I was forced to ride a bicycle all that time. I don't want to go through that again... and that was in the middle of hurricane season! I just wanted something to fall back on, in case what I was working on didn't pan out-a failsafe of sorts. if my changes didn't work for me, and I still needed to go places and run errands... well I'd have my car back.

Zero's R

My CB7

Comment

the itb car i am working on i have played with the hondata s200 we have here, which sucks terribly. it cannot use tps to tune by only map, and having to fight with that is not worth it. The Crome and S300 setups do allow for the TPS based mapping, the difference is going to be cost. To datalog with Crome you will need to buy Crome Pro, and then a wideband, and then either a rom burner or rom emulator. This will all add up to around $650 typically (149 for crome pro, rom emulator 175, wideband 300, then 25 for a datalogging cable). For the Hondata s300 you are looking at 550ish for the hardware, then a wideband for another 300. In both cases you really need a laptop as well as an ecu that can be used obviously. I love Crome and have used it for a few years, but the datalogging in the S300 works on the first try every time. I have never had an easy time getting Crome to datalog regularly.

Comment

Working...
                              X