Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Best ACCORD Performance Mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ACCORD Performance Mod!

What do you guys think is the best performance mod you can do to a 92 accord Lx with a F22a1 in it. Other than forced induction.

Money.

Comment

did you quote yourself in your sig phil? lol, loser.

anyways, id say about 1k of head work can get you some pretty nice gains.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

H22 swap.

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
          H22 swap.
          fo sheezy.
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

h22, 272 regrind, headwork, porting, bottom end work twords high compression, nitrios, header, exhaust. its quite obvios, theres no special, mistirios mods

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

If you don't have all the money for an h22 swap just put an exhaust and headers.
              Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

A good mod for your motor (keeping block and head) would be to mill the head. An F22a6 or esp. H23a1 IM will help alot too. Many other things can help but take your time and research what you want to do

Comment

You could also swap ur f22a1 headers and intake manifold for f22a6 ones they flow better.You could find them in junkyards.

Comment

^Yes, also the best header is found on the F22a4, it's a tubular mild steel header as opposed to the cast F22a6 manifold. Maybe mod. the stock downpipe w/ a larger collector too.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      did you quote yourself in your sig phil? lol, loser.

anyways, id say about 1k of head work can get you some pretty nice gains.
                      I said this on Z mods. It just made sense to carry it for a sig over here. It applies more towards noobs here than it did over there.

Comment

Based on experience, I would recommend the F22A4 (1990-1991 EX) exhaust manifold, and the F22A6 IM (or the H23 manifold) and cam first. You could also pick up an Accord EX exhaust, or after market cat-back, which should both be a little freer flowing.

The A6 manifold will be much easier to find and the runners are better for HIGH RPM power than the H23 runners.

I would also recommend an H22/H23 plenum and TB swap on F22A6 runners, which is documented on here in the DIY section, as is the A6 and the H23 manifold swap.

They collectively made a huge difference, and could be had for less than $300. They will outperform pretty much all of the other mods mentioned, with the exception of possibly headwork. But if you have headwork done, and the intake/exhaust manifold is still restrictive, you aren't getting the maximum benefit for your $$. They are also cheaper, and could probably be done by a do it yourselfer, or would make a VERY good learning experience.

After that I would consider a Delta Regrind and a modified stock exhaust manifold/header and cat.

If you have the money, start with an H22, or boost (although achieving this successfully long term, is harder).

NOx also works miracles, and could be of benefit in addition to the stuff listed above.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

There goes ur answer right there^

Comment

Working...
                          X