Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cat or no Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat or no Cat

I have a pretty stock f22a1 in my accord, it has cold air, and platinum plugs. I cut the cat off of it and i am running strait pipe on it. Do you think that i should have left the cat on or not. The exhuast is stock size and it has a tuned muffler on it.

Your car will be real loud i would suggest getting a carsound high flo cat and please do some searching so you become independent it has been covered a lot of times
    Last edited by HondaGuy1212; 03-21-2006, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
      Your car will be real loud i would suggest getting a carsound high flo cat and please do some searching so you become independent it has been covered a lot of times
      I got a very noticeable increase in power with my new 2.25" Carsound cat
      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
        I got a very noticeable increase in power with my new 2.25" Carsound cat
        yea carsound cats are good and they arent real loud

Comment

Well then mine must be deffective or I must have a leak someone, cause after installing my Carsound, my car went from a nice deep tone to a shitty rasp at like 2-3k rpm.
          Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
          -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
          MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
            Well then mine must be deffective or I must have a leak someone, cause after installing my Carsound, my car went from a nice deep tone to a shitty rasp at like 2-3k rpm.
            Yep! I have the shitty rasp at about 2-3k too! It has to be the cat, it sounds like shit right?
            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

I have a stright 2.25 pipe, wish I didnt do it cause its loud as fuck, but it floats on the highway. Real good top end also.

Will's Accord

Comment

no cat5 and throw 2 resonators on it

Comment

My old cat got clogged up so I just bought a 13 inch resonator off of ebay for like 10 bucks and it runs like 1000 times better now. It's a little bit louder, but with a stock muffler it pretty much just sounds stock. No increase in power according to my butt dyno.

Comment

I was thinking of buying another resonator and put that in place of the cat.
                    But it's one of those things you won't know the outcome until after you spend the money.
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

buy an rsr exmag and dont worry about it... legal ftw

Comment

on the dyno gong from test pipe to high flow cat i lost 1 hp and the stinky exhaust and pollution of the test pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by EuroSpec
                          buy an rsr exmag and dont worry about it... legal ftw

I second that! RS*R Exmags rock. I've had mine for two years now, no complains. knock on wood.
                          DEVOTE

Comment

there are a couple other factors, but from my original tune to the most recent... i didnt lose any power going from a hollowed out cat to a highflow. and i gained midrange.

Comment

I just hollowed out my cat after melting the internals by spraying nitrous all of last year. I noticed only a tingy sound coming from my exhaust, but it is noticibly quieter since I switched to my dc sport muffler from my old greddy trust.
                              97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                              IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X