Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

1/8 mile run with 92 accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/8 mile run with 92 accord

i have a 92 accord 2 dr coupe

with 94 block and 92 head with a6 manifold delta cam 272 duration 9lb flywheel pacesetter headers and ran my car untuned
    i ran 10.40 in the 1/8th mile at 66mph

used to run 10.7's and up

could have a been a better run if my 60ft time was better
    but a great improvment for a non tuned car

60 ft time was 2.4

i know i can get it down to 2.2 but i have smaller tires on the front 195 50 15

think i need a little wider time maybe to help out alot

also the butterflies where open all the time

also i have fuel pressure regulator and didn't mess with it at all
    but it was at 35 psi prtty much stock forgot 2 ticker with it at the track

but i'm gonna go all motor

rebulid the bottom end b/c i have a extra motor and another head from the junk yard bigger valves tougher springs for higher revs and 12/5/1 compression pistons

any all motor guys out there

tell me what u think

and i did all the work myself

pretty easy to do just time consuming

H23vtec
    Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

What's the reason you used a 94 block? (ie. more displacement?)

By larger valves, you mean your oversizing them...if so by how much? I think past 0.5mm you will have to do some modifications.

This going to be a daily driver or drag/road race car only? If you're going that route and putting all this work...seems like you're going for drag....you could probably go with a more aggressive camshaft if you're upgrading your valvetrain that much.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

The EX model cars came with larger valves. I say with the way you're going, get a sohc-vtec head and a superafc to control the v-tec.

Comment

Originally posted by Slateboy
        The EX model cars came with larger valves. I say with the way you're going, get a sohc-vtec head and a superafc to control the v-tec.
        You want him to save gas? The F22B1 engine (SOHC Vtec) is a Vtec-E engine. It would probably be a down grade from him since he's already running a 272 cam on his 92 head.

I really don't think he's looking to get the fuel/air mixture swirling for better fuel economey.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

What EX models? We talking 4th or 5th gen here? If so larger, by how much compared to the bottom line engine.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
            You want him to save gas? The F22B1 engine (SOHC Vtec) is a Vtec-E engine. It would probably be a down grade from him since he's already running a 272 cam on his 92 head.

I really don't think he's looking to get the fuel/air mixture swirling for better fuel economey.
            He said he's got a 92 head, which would be non-Vtec. If it's a 92 LX head, I'm pretty sure you can drop that pretty little cam into the EX head, and achieve larger valves.

Comment

He said he's got a 92 head, which would be non-Vtec. If it's a 92 LX head, I'm pretty sure you can drop that pretty little cam into the EX head, and achieve larger valves.
              The only valve that's larger is the intake valve which is 34mm as opposed to the head he has which is 32mm. The Exhaust valves are the same size. Plus since the Vtec is for economey and the valves are larger to aid in the swirling action for increased fuel economey swapping heads would be pointless. Esspecially when you take into account the money he has spent on his current head.

I think he's got a good thing going and should continue on his current path.

Comment

Wha? An F22A6 head has the same size valves as the A1 & A4 heads...

an F22AX cam is not going to fit in a B1 VTEC head obviously...

the F22B1 does have something like +2mm larger intake valves but due to the crappy VTEC-E they don't get utilized fully... I believe they have short lift for better swirling... I bet busted can explain it better since I am only into F22A specifics...
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

I'm lost. He said he had a 92 Accord head, which means it's an F22a head, whether it's from and LX or EX I dunno. If it's an F22a1 head from a 92 LX or DX, he can get a 90-93 EX head with larger valves and still use the same camshaft.

But he'd be better off with the V-Tec head from a newer F22.

Comment

I'm lost. He said he had a 92 Accord head, which means it's an F22a head, whether it's from and LX or EX I dunno. If it's an F22a1 head from a 92 LX or DX, he can get a 90-93 EX head with larger valves and still use the same camshaft.
                    That's not true all F22AX heads weather it be a 1/4/or 6 (EX) have the same size valves.

Originally posted by Slateboy But he'd be better off with the V-Tec head from a newer F22.
                    No he wouldn't. That's another point we are making.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                      That's not true all F22AX heads weather it be a 1/4/or 6 (EX) have the same size valves.

No he wouldn't. That's another point we are making.
                      EXACTRY...
                      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

i have an a1 head vtec is pointless the way i'm going where i'm at
                        i'm beating si's and raced and civic gsr and he go me by a door that's it

with the sohc vtec it's pointless b/c the intake manifold is so small and u won't gain alot b/c of that

but i have the dual stage mani and it's open all the time and i might have loss a little torque and that's about it the topend it pulls like hell

i beat a f23 the same night i put the motor back together and 2dr coupe had intake and exhaust and i killed him

i'm doing this motor all motor b/c i'm making a statement vtec and nothing the only reason the accords are slow is b/c of it's low compression and cam doesn't make power above 5500 rpm

b/c when i build the bottom end and redo the top 12/5/1 compression bigger valves throttle body so tuning and other goodies i'm be running 13's on motor that's what i'm looking to do

in street trim maybe drag radials but that's it

any more questions

and i have the 92 lx head not ex

H23vtec
                        Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

Ok, then why does the 93 Accord EX/SE have more horsepower than the LX?

Comment

Ok, then why does the 93 Accord EX/SE have more horsepower than the LX?
                            are you serious?
                            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Are you asking if I really don't know, or are you questioning that the EX is rated at 15 more HP and 5 more ft/lbs of torque than the LX and DX?

Comment

Working...
                              X