Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h23a1 intake on a f22a1 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23a1 intake on a f22a1 head

Help!!!
    I did the swap and for all of you wondering, they fit perfect, but the vaccum ports are different. I think i have them all right but the car seems to be burnig very rich, and the idle keeps bouncing up and down. I used a vaccum line to control the flaps in the h23 so they work right. Anybody know why?
    thanks

what did u do exactly? fit the intake box or the top part of the intake or the whole manifold?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the whole thing. throttle body and the intake runners. I'm going to keep tring but anybody have this problem, maybe i can find the problems

Comment

try rotating the TPS sensor... it can fix the idle problem.

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
        For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

hey i got it, with a whole day of screwing around with set screws and vaccum lines! I pluged the flappers into the vaccum port on the back right of the intake, the map sensor to the throttle body and the other two that come out of the egr/map box to the plenum, then plugged up the last one. if your doing it you'll know what i mean! Couldnt get the idle down and the ecu kept telling me a code 7(throttle angle sensor). Then I turned the tps down and turned the idle screw all the way down, the flat head screw above the intake port, and presto runs great!

Now I did this with no head or intake work or a cam so the outcome wasen't spetactular but there is a difference.

But for those posts that say the ports dont line up they do! The only reason they have different part numbers is because the mani gasket comes with a plenum gasket, which is different.

Comment

update: well after it cooled down i started it up and the idle did is again, i shut it off and back on and it dosent do it anymore... any suggestions? im going to check out a new tps sensor 2maro.

Comment

oh ic...what id try is to mess with the fast idle valve. take off the cap and screw the thing inside will help that hopefully.

so do u actually know for exact sure that the holes line up to the head? or is it slightly bigger?

what difference can this be from

f22a6 manifold and h23 upper penum with h23 TB

vs

full h23 upper plenum on the head?

any advantages you think?
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

There is so many valves ive screwed around with which one is the fast idle valve? ive got iab, tps, iat, map, egr, ect... I bought a f22a1 intake mani gasket and it was the same one that was crusted on the h32a1 intake.

The f22a6 manifold i havent seen but from what i heard that thats the one to get but the h23a1 is fine to me. Going from four ports to eight and bigger runners is all i wanted, which is on the whole h23a1 intake. I drove it all day long with no problems.

Thanks for the help though

Comment

as far as i know the f22a6 manifold is the same as the h23. the dual runner system you know...

well the fast idle valve is a valve towards the side, it has a copper piece on top held by 2 screws. under it is 2 coolant passages.

so are you running ur dual runners by vacumn or wide open? or using the IAB controller?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Vaccum. Works just fine, It seems like 3k-3500 rpm when they open. Low RPM the flaps are closed. But still tring to figure this idle thing out, and I'm going to adjust that fast idle valve tomarrow. At the moment I think the tps sensor on the mani that i got is bad. With a bad tps sensor the ecu with use the other sensors to try to make up for it, which is what it acts like its doing. It takes longer to idle down even after its warm at a stop, than it did b4

Comment

DONE! It waz just the egr valve gasket throwing everything off! I adjusted everything back to oem and it runs great. Just to for insurance I'm going to take my fiber optics and look down the ports for alingment (im positive already thats its fine though).

done:
                      N/A F22A1 Block w/ H23A1 intake w/ secondary flaps on vac.
                      injen CAI
                      DC Sports Header
                      Nology Hot Wires w/ amp
                      2.5 exhaust w/ ractive cf muffler
                      aluminum rad.
                      cat? what cat?

soon:
                      cam
                      injectors
                      p&p head & intake
                      hc pistons
                      forged rods
                      lw flywheel
                      prelude tranny
                      safc apexi
                      adj. cam gear
                      maybe n2o maybe...

Comment

how are the performance gains and could you describe it for me? I have the choice of gettin an f22a6 (complete) or an h23 (complete) and i was wondering if you thinking the h23 was worth it. What exact lines did you have to reroute and were there any problems you encountered? was this a straight forward swap?
                        BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Hey from what I've pieced up from reading here the ideal intake setup would be the A6 lower half and the h23a1 upper half and throttle body. I just did the complete h23a1 swap and am very happy with it. I've got no real numbers to tell anyone but I can tell the difference. My 0 to 60 seems much quicker.

No one has the gaskets yet so I can dissasemble the intake and check the ports but shortly

Comment

so did it perfectly bolt up

Retro!

Hater

Comment

safc

ok guys now w/ the mani swaps done and im back to tearing the motor back down for more mods, i wanna use a apexi safc to up the fuel with the combination of a aem fuel rail and regulator - now the safc says they need a knock sensor to hook up.? Have any of you guys done it anyways - how did it work out? Also is wideband really worth it

off the subject i really need to get this ride lower and when i say lower i mean at LEAST 2.25" (going for more performance than confort) any ideas? I waz thinking skunk2 coil overs and kyb gr2's for dampers. keep in mind for suggestions i cant dump 800 bucks all at once for tein's or apexi's

done:
                              N/A F22A1 Block w/ H23A1 intake w/ secondary flaps on vac.
                              injen CAI
                              DC Sports Header
                              Nology Hot Wires w/ amp
                              2.5 exhaust w/ ractive cf muffler
                              aluminum rad.
                              cat? what cat?
                              aem fuel rail
                              aem fuel regulator

soon:
                              NEXT - cam
                              injectors
                              p&p head & intake