Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

butterfly valve delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

butterfly valve delete

can you take out the butterfly valves in the intake manifold and drive with out any problems? would you get any performance gains from it?

more than likely would lose low end TQ.

Comment

well then. i think one time i saw on someones members ride thread that they had deleted the butterfly valves

Comment

on the f22a6 they work for low end torgue and then when your get to 3500 or 4500 they open up and you gain top end horsepower.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
          on the f22a6 they work for low end torgue and then when your get to 3500 or 4500 they open up and you gain top end horsepower.

so deleting them would be a bad idea? lol. thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
            talk to cisco, hes got his h23 mani all bored out and i believe hes got the butterflies removed

thnx man. ill PM him and ask about it.

Comment

I got butterfly delete on my h22 and if i'm not mistaken you lose low end a bit but gain top end a bit
              I look...You look
              I rev...You rev
              I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

well id rather get that mid range power instead. there are too many things out there to raise the top and low end power.

i just wanted to save on the getting the ECU and wiring. oh well. lol

Comment

1. Low end will be gone.
                  2. Gas mileage will suffer a bit.
                  3. You dont have to wire it you can just hook it up to a vacuum source on the intake manifold. They will open a lil soone raround 4700 thouigh. Thats how I have mine setup because my h22a didnt come with a black box.
                  4. I would think the delete benefits the turbo people a bit but I could be wrong.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    3. You dont have to wire it you can just hook it up to a vacuum source on the intake manifold. They will open a lil soone raround 4700 thouigh. Thats how I have mine setup because my h22a didnt come with a black box.
                    well i have an f22a1. i planned on getting an h23 or f22a6 IM b/c i know when i had my JDM f22a6 it had the dual runner IM. i want to feel that power again. lol.

Comment

yeah but who cars about low end.. when racing your all up in the upper r's, am i right?
                      HAN - ZiviCase10287
                      Honda-tech - zivicase
                      HMT - draztik
                      d-series - draztik
                      Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

I care about low end. Picture this your going up a small hill in 5th gear doing about 60. YOu need more power right but you feel lazy to shift out of fifth. Floor it and see where you go =D. Thats what happened when I had my exhaust removed from the cat back =D Loud as fuck and no low end.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if your too lazy to drop it a gear you shouldn't be driving a manual, haha.
                          HAN - ZiviCase10287
                          Honda-tech - zivicase
                          HMT - draztik
                          d-series - draztik
                          Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

Originally posted by DraZtiK
                            if your too lazy to drop it a gear you shouldn't be driving a manual, haha.
                            Downshifting wastes gas. And when you have an open exhaust I doubt you want to downshift.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i have removed the secondaries from my h22 mani the engine has yet to be swapped but yes you will lose low end tq and gas mileage (who fucking cares its a swap for christs sake) your top end will be slightly improved in an N/A setup and will work great for a boosted setup. i have pics of this deletion here:
                              http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...endID=37483171
                              My other ride is your ex-wife

Comment

Working...
                              X