Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

front mount air induction systems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front mount air induction systems???

i cant seem to find one that would fit our year accord. all i can find are ones for 94+ would the one made for the 94 fit our cars with slit modifications.................and has anyone herd of these things/tried them out. i know nothing about them but they APPEAR to look good i dont know how well they work tho....thx

dude to be serious they are really made for show, as for performance gains
    1. You will have absolutly horrible response
    2. you will be VERY exposed to all types of shit not to mention scooping water
    3. you will seem as if you do not know what you are doing
    sorry bro but you really shouldnt, i know how you feel i too felt as though they were the best thank god i never got one.
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

HAHAHA .......lol i was just wondering cause i was searchin around on the internet just lookin at stuff and i came across this thing and i was like wtf........then i started to wonder i never planned on getting one cause no body else has them and i figured there would be a reason so i decided i would ask thanks for the responses tho..........i kind thought the "device" was a little goofy

Comment

Originally posted by midnightaccord
        dude to be serious they are really made for show, as for performance gains
        1. You will have absolutly horrible response
        2. you will be VERY exposed to all types of shit not to mention scooping water
        3. you will seem as if you do not know what you are doing
        sorry bro but you really shouldnt, i know how you feel i too felt as though they were the best thank god i never got one.
        4.Not to mention ridicule.

Haven't they been out of production for a while now?

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
        Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
        Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
        Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

holy bloody S*** sorry about that insain amount of the same posts my computer is messin up so it doesnt show that what i type then push post it doesnt say thankyou ect so i kinda pushed the button lots really sorry about that

Comment

Originally posted by akrodha
            4.Not to mention ridicule.

Haven't they been out of production for a while now?
            I saw them use one on horsepower TV (on spike) on a civic HB. With a catback exhaust and that, they gained like 5HP. I'd just go with a regular CAI or short-ram.
            -Josh

1996 Accord EX Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedFreak03
              I saw them use one on horsepower TV (on spike) on a civic HB. With a catback exhaust and that, they gained like 5HP. I'd just go with a regular CAI or short-ram.
              I saw that same episode... which was a rerun BTW...

but with that frount mount intake and an airmass header and exhaust.. they gained a total of 10 whp verified on a dyno...bringing the total whp of that civic from 87whp tp 97 whp... bleh... those were nice shiny crome hubcaps on that car too...

They also touched on the frount mount intake's only real benefit... the ram air effect... I remember some independent tests a long time ago showing that you can ever so slightly pressurize your intake charge using them... like .06-.08 psi...

Personally... I'd never use it on the street... but would definitely consider it on an SCCA or roadrace track only car...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

i call em bug catchers

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

Working...
                X