Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

compression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compression?

what is the highest comp i can have running pump gas

12.5:1 ish

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
      12.5:1 ish
      on pump gas? iv asked people around here and they say thats to high for pump 93oc

Comment

honda's highest compression is 11.7:1. i'm sure with a good tune you could pull of 12.5:1. I'd stay under 12:1 though.

Comment

i would go with what your tuner thinks he can get it running at if it was me. if your tuner is not very good its going to be lower compression, a really good tuner can get the power and reliability at higher compression though.

Comment

i've done 12.5:1 compression before. Works fine on 93. Tuned it in jacksonville too.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
              i've done 12.5:1 compression before. Works fine on 93. Tuned it in jacksonville too.
              agreed.

my boy's running 12.5:1 on his built teggy on 93oc no problem

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
              My Ride thread
              Flickr
              Originally posted by d112crzy
              And it can only get better. That's the best part.
              All I gotta really say is:
              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

i am running on 11:5:1 on 91 or up and have no issues, wit no tune
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
                  i have herd about you i was gonna try to get you to make me an ecu for turbo? were in j-ville you ride around?

Comment

bacically it all comes down to tunning. you could run 13.1 on pump gas if tunned right. id go with something like 12.5 or even 11.
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

13:1 starts pushing the boundary of retarding the timing too much to compensate for the increased cylinder pressure. You can run higher than 12.5 and just lower the timing to rediculous numbers but its counter productive seeing as you may also have to run rich a/f's to help compensate; VERY counterproductive.

I'm on the southside of town
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
                        13:1 starts pushing the boundary of retarding the timing too much to compensate for the increased cylinder pressure. You can run higher than 12.5 and just lower the timing to rediculous numbers but its counter productive seeing as you may also have to run rich a/f's to help compensate; VERY counterproductive.
                        took the words out of my mouth.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I've always been interested to see people running 100 or 104 octane Sunoco or other brand gas for a N/A application and what compression ratio they use. There's a ton of info for maximum CR on 93 octane but I haven't found much for 100 octane. Expensive, but still available at some local gas stations around here.
                          Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                          -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                          MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
                            I've always been interested to see people running 100 or 104 octane Sunoco or other brand gas for a N/A application and what compression ratio they use. There's a ton of info for maximum CR on 93 octane but I haven't found much for 100 octane. Expensive, but still available at some local gas stations around here.
                            well its a daily driver and i dont baby it so i dont really think i would want to pay for that

Comment

Working...
                            X