Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Skunk 2 Intake Manifold H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*those who have the skunk2 IM, or knows who has one*

just got the IM a couple days ago, and when i bolted up my throttle body, the back part of the throttle rotor rubs against the IM and causes it to get stuck. i know if i use a tb spacer, it'll solve it, but then installing the cai will be more of a hassle coz i have abs
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

you shouldnt have that problem,, it fits perfect,, is you H22 USDM or JDM
      -95 JDM H22 LSD-
      -HYTECH Header-
      -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDOM
        you shouldnt have that problem,, it fits perfect,, is you H22 USDM or JDM
        its a jdm h22..but i may shave that part of the IM to accomodate the tb for better fitment
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

ill have to take a look at it,, b/c i definetly did not have that problem, but ill check and see,,
          -95 JDM H22 LSD-
          -HYTECH Header-
          -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

although i haven't started up the car yet, due to *minor details*, i will honestly say those who are thinking about the skunk2 IM for their H22s...think really hard. now i even hate how it fits in the accord engine bay. i've got no room behind it, the iat sensor is literally right next to my brake lines from the master cylinder, and i feel like the back of the IM is gonna hit the bracket holding the throtte cable. and like i posted in my members' thread, i had to cut up my AEM cai for better fitment. it looks great, looks aggressive, but these fitment issues bother me. i just hope that when i get the cb7 on the dyno, it'll show some respectable gains.
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

can't wait to hear what you think of it when you get her rollin'.
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDOM
                i must say 1st gear is insane i hit 40 mph b4 i shift second gear it takes a while to get up there
                Is that at redline? My car hits 40 around 7000 rpm and I sometimes almost get to 50 mph takin it to 8k.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr
                  Is that at redline? My car hits 40 around 7000 rpm and I sometimes almost get to 50 mph takin it to 8k.
                  with the five speed tranny ~30-35 is the fastest you can go before hitting the rev limiter. top of secound is ~60... thirrd is 95... forth is somewhere around 120ish and fifth in our cars is something like 145 or where the neddle is hitting the "H" in "MPH".
                  I've watched alot of videos and read a bunch of posts on different forums that gave that info (in case you're wondering).
                  You could also look for a online gearing calculator to check how fast the car will go at a given RPM in a given gear.
                  Last edited by pwrusr; 12-05-2004, 12:20 AM.
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X