Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Throttle response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle response

what mods can i do to raise throttle response? i have the F22a6 already with a SRI and exhaust. anything else i can do to raise it?

what about OEM options? is there anything i can do to the motor, throttle cables, or anything else, that i can do to the motor(thats not needed for me to buy something) that can raise it?

tighten up the throttle cable

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh
      tighten up the throttle cable

is there a certin amount to tighen it up by? i did that before and it raised the idle too much and when i come to a stop it would still be trying to pull forward and the idle would be at like 13oo

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
        is there a certin amount to tighen it up by? i did that before and it raised the idle too much and when i come to a stop it would still be trying to pull forward and the idle would be at like 13oo
        You have to do it right, you obviously tightened it up too much and did not allow the TB butterfly to default to closed position. Find out where the cable needs to be minimal for the default position to always hit full close. You should feel it close. This is the tightest you can be without problems.

Common sense really.

Also good maintenance on your motor, clean out your intake manifold, etc with seafoam, throttle body cleaner at butterfly. Just make sure your motor overall is running well. Fuel cleaner in tank, etc. Good plugs, wires, etc.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
          You have to do it right, you obviously tightened it up too much and did not allow the TB butterfly to default to closed position. Find out where the cable needs to be minimal for the default position to always hit full close. You should feel it close. This is the tightest you can be without problems.

Common sense really.

lol. thanx man. anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
            lol. thanx man. anything else?
            Yea, buy one of them Tornado things for your intake.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              Yea, buy one of them Tornado things for your intake.

lol. oh funny

Comment

From personal experience, I'd suggest a Weapon R throttle rotor, it's the same throttle response but w/ MUCH less pedal travel, it's a really cool mod. I realize it's not OEM, but for about $20, it's worth it! If you have the throttle cable as tight as possible, it has a nice direct feel to it.

From nonpersonal experience, I'd say a lightweight flywheel.

Comment

wieght deduction.

Comment

H23 Plenum.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Arias 12:1 pistons.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

272 regrind + 950rpm idle = throtle respons

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                          From nonpersonal experience, I'd say a lightweight flywheel.
                          Yes.
                          Regards from Oz,
                          John.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                            From non-personal experience, I'd say a lightweight flywheel.

its an auto

but i might try that 1st idea you had tho

Comment

Working...
                            X