Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Zex Nitrious HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zex Nitrious HELP!

Zex Nitrious help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I picked up a Zex Dry kit very very cheap. I haven't decided if I am going to keep the kit yet. But if I were to keep it, do I need anything such as a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and new fuel pump? I would use the 55 shot. I have heard different things... One guy told me that I need the fuel regulator to set my fuel pressure an extra 5 psi. That way when I do engage nos it will provide a lil extra fuel to keep the rings wet/cool. Whats really true and false? In the directions for it, its not hard at all to install. As well as it doesn't say anything about needing any of this...

It's a good idea to upgrade your fuel pump, that way you can be sure that there is enough fuel to keep the engine from running lean.

You do not need to increase fuel pressure as the Zex module will increase fuel pressure when the nitrous is engaged.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

this kid that has the same kit says I need the adjustable regulator to put more fuel on the rings so they dont melt.. I am not saying you are wrong busted, I am just confussed with everything I am hearing!

Comment

Busteds right.
        only thing u might (dont need to) want to upgrade is ur fuel pump
        NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Originally posted by fenderltd
          this kid that has the same kit says I need the adjustable regulator to put more fuel on the rings so they dont melt.. I am not saying you are wrong busted, I am just confussed with everything I am hearing!
          The kid's wrong, More fuel will not keep the rings "wet" or keep them from melting. In fact in a Nitrous system that is incorrectly tunned the piston is what actually melts since it is an aluminum alloy, not the rings.

Adding fuel will not exactly help your nitrous system with only a 55 shot. Also if you increase fuel pressure using an FPR you'll have more fuel ALL the time not just when the Nitrous is on.

The way nitrous works is it adds oxygen to the cumbustion chamber so when the explosion happens the oxygen igniting burns all the fuel in the cumbustion chamber where normally all the fuel would not be burned. So if you add more fuel you won't exactly be burning it all without adding more nitrous and then maybe spark.

What you need to do is fallow Zex's instructions they KNOW what you need to make your kit work. Just always run Super, switch to a colder plug, and if you can afford it upgrade your fuel pump.

Comment

busted! I love you! Now I am selling my aem fuel rail and aem fuel regulator. I have bought a venom fuel pump as well.!! Thank you buddy. I owe you.

Comment

busted! I love you! Now I am selling my aem fuel rail and aem fuel regulator. I have bought a venom fuel pump as well.!! Thank you buddy. I owe you.
              What's the fuel rail and regualtor for and what color?

Comment

Busted! I am sorry! Both of them were supposed to come on this monday, but they haven't shipped yet, so I cancelled the order earlier and forgot to add that to this post. For both of them I payed 267.00. Sorry man, I feel bad now. They were both silver

Comment

Busted! I am sorry! Both of them were supposed to come on this monday, but they haven't shipped yet, so I cancelled the order earlier and forgot to add that to this post. For both of them I payed 267.00. Sorry man, I feel bad now. They were both silver
                  No problem man, I didn't want new ones anyway but I'm always looking for a deal on used stuff.

Comment

Ahhh ok, I feel better now

Comment

ahhh the hell with it im late

Comment

Working...
                      X