Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

NOS, HOW>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on hondatuning's website and I read that they installed a Holley NOS Direct Port Kit using the pressure side I belive, $0.02.

BustedLX: Maybe Ill go with the EdleBrock dry fogger. Do you use and kind of window switch to turn on and off the nitrous during the desired power band ? Any saftey items you suggest? Kill stories ? IM HUNGRY !!

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
      Nitrous Express recommend pulling fuel from the rail or from the high pressure feed line. They SPECIFICALLY say do NOT use the return line.

NOS also states that if you are not drawing off the test port/fuel rail you will need to draw fuel from the high pressure supply line.
      In all honesty I have not read the installation instructions for a Nitrous Kit in two years, But every kit I did, NOS, Nitrous Xpress, Sniper, and etc. they all had the same recomendation, not to tap an EFI supply line.

You must always do what the manufacture of your aftermarket product recommends you do in their installation instructions.

If that's how they suggest you install their product that's how you should do it.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
        I was on hondatuning's website and I read that they installed a Holley NOS Direct Port Kit using the pressure side I belive, $0.02.

BustedLX: Maybe Ill go with the EdleBrock dry fogger. Do you use and kind of window switch to turn on and off the nitrous during the desired power band ? Any saftey items you suggest? Kill stories ? IM HUNGRY !!
        No I don't have any sort of window switch, I just engage the Nitrous when I want at WOT it'll spray.

I suggest you do whatever your desired manufacturer of Nitrous kit recommends you do you do, such as installation, and etc. I always recommend a blow down tube, even if it's mounted in the trunk, and don't half ass or rig your installation. Make sure none of the lines are rubbing anything, nothing's in the way, that all the electrical is neat and of proper gauge and tap properly to adequate supplies, you know common sense type stuff.

As far as kill stories I've had my fair share but it's not really something I've ever cataloged. Some stand out more then others, for example I blew the doors off a stage one SRT-4 a friend of my little brother's once who swore it was fast, I swear I made it look like he slamed it in reverse and floored it, he never doubted my car again, lol.

Good luck with your install and setup.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
          In all honesty I have not read the installation instructions for a Nitrous Kit in two years, But every kit I did, NOS, Nitrous Xpress, Sniper, and etc. they all had the same recomendation, not to tap an EFI supply line.

You must always do what the manufacture of your aftermarket product recommends you do in their installation instructions.

If that's how they suggest you install their product that's how you should do it.
          I tap my from the high pressure supply,No problem that this time (3 years) on the car . But I have a WELBRO 225 fuel pump to make up the difference.
          Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 07-18-2007, 04:20 PM.
          Accord Of The Month January 09
          Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
          BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX

I double checked both of their instructs for EFI kits. I have also always run the fuel feed on the high pressure side though, and ran for several years with a T spliced in on the feed hose. I think my first kit was purchased from Nitrous Express in 2002?

Comment

i think this is crazy......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

so is anyone spraying and h22 in here or all f22? i wanna know more about the h series with nitrous because im trying to find whats best.wet or dry?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                X