Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neuspeed super cup kit question

Yeah, Looking to buy the neuspeed SCK. Question though. -
    Does anyone know if I'll run into problems dropping the car by 2" with 16" rims that have 205/60/r16 tires on them? The sidewall is a bit larger, that's why I'm asking.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

oh yes......u will definately have clearance issues. Also my wagon is dropped about 2 1/2" which is a little more then you but even with 205/60/r15's my wheels would rub every time i tried to make a sharp turn. you'll probably need to a:get lower pro tires, or b: get thinner tires.

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
      Yeah, Looking to buy the neuspeed SCK. Question though. -
      Does anyone know if I'll run into problems dropping the car by 2" with 16" rims that have 205/60/r16 tires on them? The sidewall is a bit larger, that's why I'm asking.
      Bit larger? Those tires are massive compared to 205/50/16 which is what I am running.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

what size sidewall would be good with a 7 inch wide tire?
        My Car

Comment

50 or 55 the most if you are lucky
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
            what size sidewall would be good with a 7 inch wide tire?
            205/50/16 is a good size.

But seriously, not to be an ass to the guy who hosts this site, but come on, this is like thread number 3 or 4 on the same subject from you.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
              Bit larger? Those tires are massive compared to 205/50/16 which is what I am running.
              rocking the same set-up with 205/40/16 and it looks good and no rubbing
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Well, 2" drop is not too too low per se, but 205/60/16 is just huge! 205/55/16 is already kind of pushing it, but 60, I don't know man..What's the specs of the wheels you are running? 7" wide and what offset? that will kind of determine how bad the rubbing is going to be..

Last year I ran 205/55/16 on 16x7" +38 offset and those rub when I corner hard, the fronts anyways. The rears I didn't have problem, but again, I also rolled and cut the lip on the rear fenders..But I find that 205/55/16 were already way too thick..For the drop I had anyways..Maybe with 2" drop it won't be so bad?

G'luck with that man..

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

sounds like i should just find some 50's

I know this is thread number 3 or so - before I asked mid way through another thread. Trying to keep things organized. Feel free to be an ass to me, i dont mind :P

the rims are:

29667001SP 16 7 40 4-100 4-114.3 $120.00

with 205/60/r16 contiprocontact tires

And I want to drop 2" with the neuspeed super cup kit.
                  My Car

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63
                    When I bought my rims same thing happenned to me I thought I was getting 205 50 16's and so when I picked em up I didnt think to check them out. So right now I have 60 series tires until they wear out. They will still work with a drop of about 2", but you will find that the tires will be quite close to the rear control arms, but still there's enough space.
                    From the other post - cleaning up
                    My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                      rocking the same set-up with 205/40/16 and it looks good and no rubbing
                      205/40/16 is too small a tire for CB7. Unless you are like doing autocross and don't care about mad wheel gap and want better acceleration. But yeah, I ran on some of those for a couple of weeks. When my speedo said 80 I was only doing 70. Meaning I was using more gas to go slower. I had mad wheel gap, and I was riding on rubber bands. It was lower though...
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Working...
                      X