Tein SuperStreet Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tein SuperStreet Update

Well, I thought about replying to the other TeinSS thread but thought a lot of people might overlook this post so I am making a new thread.

I was at the Drift ShowOff yesterday and decided to talk to the Tein reps there about what was available for the CB7 and to get their opinion about whether to switch from the Super Streets I have now to the HA's.

He first told me that they are currently making the upper pillow ball mounts for the current super street coilovers.

Then he told me that they are making a new model of the Super Street coilovers that will come with the Pillow Ball upper mounts as well as integrated EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller). I asked how they could fit the EDFC under our hood since there was no room. He said the new ones will be all built in so nothing sticks out the top apparently.

There will be two versions of the new Super Street coilovers. The USDM and JDM. That's right, they are making JDM Super Streets, which will be stiffer than the USDM ones.

The upper pillow ball mounts they are creating for the current Super Streets will not be compatible with the new Super Streets w/EDFC they are making and so they are making pillow ball mounts for the new ones too.

He recommended that I not get the HA's because they are discontinued and no further development is being put into them.

FYI: You can take your Super Streets in and have the springs swapped out for springs with a spring rate 100lbs more than they are now without having to have the damping redone. It will cost you about $100 for each one.

I think I am going to not get the HA's now and wait for the new JDM Super Streets with EDFC and upper pillow ball.

Hope the above information is helpful. I noticed a lot of people here were talking about getting some Super Streets. If I were you, I'd wait to get the new ones with the EDFC. I did not get a time frame for when they will be released but I suppose somebody could email sales@tein.com and ask.

DDrew
    Black 93 Honda Accord EX Coupe
    Mods: - Tein SS Coilovers - 17" Enkei RS Evolution's - Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Bar (Black) - Custom JDM One Piece Black Housing Headlights - Custom Grill (now painted black) - Clear Bumper Lights - SE Tan Leather Front Seats - Neuspeed Short Shift Kit

Working...
X