Scraping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraping

Ok so I just got my Accord lowered and im starting to hate it.
    almost every bump/hump I go over I scrape the car.

The back is lowered about 1.7 inches (2 finger gap) and the front is 2.5 inches (barley 1 finger) and im on 15" wheels.

My question is if I was to get 18" wheels would this raise the car and rid the problem?

Or am I better to change the front springs to 1.7" springs?

Thanks
    Last edited by 92kord; 09-22-2004, 01:42 AM.

a

i got 18's and i lowered it with springs that arnt for an accord ( stupid guy that sold them to me lied!!) but anyways. the back .. well the tires are in the whell well. and then from is a nice 1 finger gap.... no scraps! ... only when i go into my garage... so yeah i think if you get 18's then it'll be fine

i just bought 2.25 drop sprint springs so yeah gonna get them in a week or so. very exicted!

Comment

Yeah my car is super low! I tryed to raise it but the coils are as high as it gets.. Yeah i know weird.

Well yeah i dunno what to do my cat is all dented in and i always hit my exahust piping etc

Heres a pic....
      Attached Files

Comment

now thats low Maple!
        my front end is about the same.

I think its just the cat thats scraping when I come out of my drive way, cant be good ..and I'm leaving nice scrape lines in the concrete too!

Ill post a pic tonite.

Ive decided to get 18"s
        see how that goes

Comment

maple
          maybe your coilovers are upside down.....?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

I will have to get a pic too, lol
            im actually ridinin on 14" barrels,
            but yeah bigger wheels depending on tire wall size and size wheel should hook you up with a higher ride

Comment

Heres my car.

Probably doesnt look all that low, but its low on the front end.

If you want bigger pics just go to this address:
              http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3405635093

Comment

heh thats pretty low I bet your mudflaps scrape right?

Mine did and i got sick of hearing it so i just.. took them off haha

and i dont think my coils are backwards.. because theres less threads on the other side. I just hate being low.

In providence, RI everything is like on a speed bump or at an angle and i never can make it over... I just scrape the crap outta my car it sucks

Comment

Well my right mudflap scrapes when I come out of my drive way, then a nice metal scrape follows ahha!

I guess being low looks good, but aint very fun hehe

Comment

Mine is about the same hieght as both of you guys and i did have a problem with scaping both mudflaps so they both went bye bye, then i had a prob with my plastic under piece because it was broken so it dragged, it went bye bye too, so now nothing hits and it doesnt really seem that low anymore. Just alot of cautious driving is all.

Comment

my cars even lower than that and i scrape but if you drive defensively you can avoid scraping.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

scraping is where its at, for now at least

Comment

Driving a lowered car takes some getting used to. For example you cannot go over speed bumps straight across, you have to angle your car, its kind of a pain in the ass but it avoids scraping.

-------------------
                          -------------------

/\ speed bump

instead of driving at it straight angle it at almost a 30-45 degree angle

.............../....../
                          ............../....../
                          ............./....../

/\ because as your front left or right tire go over the bump you won't scrape the undercarriage just yet and right as you are your other front wheel will go over the bump raising the car. Try this out and get a feel for how much of an angle needs to be used for the bump.

As far as dips and any other obstacle use this same principle because it works. I am dropped about 1.8" in front and 1.7" in back (eibach sportlines) and I rarely scrape. You will get very familiar with where the bumps/dips are and if you can go over them or not using this method.

Here is a pic of my car:

Hope this helps BTW your car looks good
                          Last edited by VRDrvr; 10-09-2004, 03:41 AM.
                          No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Working...
                          X