Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Thicker Tire eliminate Wheel gap from my Suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a Thicker Tire eliminate Wheel gap from my Suspension?

Sup guys, im getting new tires real soon. Gonna go all out, and spend the money on some quality shit. So, if you look in my pic below, u see i have a slight gap in my rear, way more than my front IMO. I have barely 1 finger gap in front, and almost 2 in back. I want it to be even. So, does anyone have any idea as to if i get a meatier tire, would the gap be that much smaller? For EXAMPLE: change the 205/50 to 205/60? the middle numbers the "meat" if im not mistaken. Any help, would be appreciated.

BTW those tires are 190/45/r15
    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

of course, the beefier the tire the more space its going to take up, but beefier tires look *** imo. get a better drop.

Comment

well, maybe i'll just stick w/205/55 a lot of people on here rockin that size on stock alloys u know.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
        well, maybe i'll just stick w/205/55 a lot of people on here rockin that size on stock alloys u know.
        Yea 205/55/15 is a nice stance...15's you can't really go 45 or even 50 series on an accord. Even with a fairly large drop (2") you will still have wheel gap.

On my all season tires (winter tires) I have 195/60/15 and STILL have wheel gap with my eibach sportlines . But on my summer tires 205/55/15 since the ratio is about the same (a little wider of a tire) its awesome.

first number is width in MM, 2nd number is a percentage of the width and last number is size of inside diameter also correspondes with size of rim its going on.

Check out this site for a visual on tire sizes: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
        Last edited by VRDrvr; 10-08-2004, 07:28 AM.
        No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Working...
        X