Sway bars hitting exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway bars hitting exhaust?

I've heard the on 5th gens the rear sway bar hits the exhaust if you get any Apexi system. Is this true for 4th gens? I'm lookin at either a Apexi Dunk system or some other system if it hits, so i figured i'd ask. Thanks folks

Yep. I've got the ST rear bar and sometimes you can clearly hear my exhuast rattling against it (Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion).

Comment

if it's not a stock exhaust, it probably will hit the rear sway bar. seems to be what i hear and my experience (greddy sp with suspension technique rear sway).

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I have this problem. Is it possible to wrap a small section of the sway bar with foam wrap, like for truck roll bars, and eleminate the noise?
        -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
          I have this problem. Is it possible to wrap a small section of the sway bar with foam wrap, like for truck roll bars, and eleminate the noise?
          I know of 2 good solutions...

Wrap the bar with a piece of cut out tire rubber and/or wrap that part of the exhaust with a shitload of header heat wrap...

eventually the bar will rub a hole thru the pipe... I've seen it happen... It took about 3 years but it still happened...
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
            I know of 2 good solutions...

Wrap the bar with a piece of cut out tire rubber and/or wrap that part of the exhaust with a shitload of header heat wrap...

eventually the bar will rub a hole thru the pipe... I've seen it happen... It took about 3 years but it still happened...
            On mine it doesn't rub; there is space when the car is just flat on the pavement. It only rubs when taking turns and the sway bar comes down a bit from suspension movement.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
              Yep. I've got the ST rear bar and sometimes you can clearly hear my exhuast rattling against it (Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion).
              Originally posted by NutBucket
              On mine it doesn't rub; there is space when the car is just flat on the pavement. It only rubs when taking turns and the sway bar comes down a bit from suspension movement.
              sounds to me like it rubs.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

mine rubs as well. i have the ST rear sway and a greddy sp cat-back. it rubs all the time. the last time i checked the sway bar was eaten away roughly by about 4mm; not that deep but it was noticeable. i thought it would eventually fix itself but up to now it still rubs. the exhaust wrap is the best thing to do but it will eventually eat through the wrap as well. friggin ST ! but you gotta love the performance !
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Yea, you gotta love ST. I know I do. My solution was getting rid of the SP and getting the Type-S exhaust. But, I will probably move on to a different exhaust system down the road.
                  "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                    sounds to me like it rubs.
                    On average I'd say I actually hear it maybe once a week

Comment

my st rear rubs on my stock piping...so any exhaust is at risk

Comment

damn that sucks. I just installed my st bar and I have custom 2.5 inch backto my exhuast. Friggin sway bar sits right on top of my piping.
                        FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                        X