Rack And Pinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack And Pinion

I Tried Doin A Search, And I Replaced A Few R/p But None On A Cb7, I Took Out All The Mounting Bolts And The P/s Lines On The Rack And Pinion And Nothings Holding On To It Except The Steering Knuckle...and I Tried To Wiggle It Out And Move It And Everythign And That Sucker Won't Come Out, I Can Spin It 360 Deg. And Stillwon't Come Out...is There Any Way I Can Take This Out..i Need It Asap Cause I Have So Much Play..thanx Alot..

anyone..i know someone out here should know how...

Comment

i believe there is a diy on how to remove and replace it. Not sure if you checked it out but im sure it would help.

My New Ride
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Try this one

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=steering+rack
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

thanks bigjoegood1

Comment

Okay, so I've read and followed the DIY and I know i did exactly what I was told to do. Yet, I still can't happen to get it out even though its already lose. Does anyone on here know how to get this part off? It's still stuck on the little rubber that is on the chassis.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Kinda bad with looking at pictures. is there any bolt that you see that holds it? or is it just the rubber piece? if its just the rubber piece try prying it out, just make sure it wont brake anything.

My New Ride
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord21 View Post
                  Kinda bad with looking at pictures. is there any bolt that you see that holds it? or is it just the rubber piece? if its just the rubber piece try prying it out, just make sure it wont brake anything.
                  nope, no bolt holds it.

found out that the bar that connects to the tie bar happens to give the rack and pinion a hard time to come off. how do i get it off with the metal bar for the tie bar being on the way?

Comment

You already disconnected it from the steering wheel under the dash right?

Comment

That looks like the universal joint that connects the steering column to the R/P, unbolt it from under the dash and it should fall out.
                      Your man for wiring solutions!
                      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

we got everything out and we're just trying to find a way to wiggle it out and take it out from the rear cross member because the inner tie rod is in the way, and we turned the steering all the way to the left and the right; it still won't come out.

Comment

Thats weird, I never had that problem on mine...

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                            Thats weird, I never had that problem on mine...
                            how'd u do that? what's ur trick?

Comment

idk, lol it just didn't give me a hard time. Did you take off the outer parts with the ball joints?

Comment

Working...
                              X