Air shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air shocks

anybody know where i can get some airshocks??? you know the kind that you put air in and it gives you a stronger suspension????

didnt know they made some for the CB's.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

I'd be very suprised if you could find any to fit an Accord.

What they are intended to do is to raise rear ride back to the static height when a car is heavily laden, particularly when towing etc (vertical load on tow ball). They're not really intended to enhance handling in normal circumstances. If you want to improve handling then there are much better ways, i.e. ways that actually work...
      Regards from Oz,
      John.

Comment

^
        i think he's talking about the ones made for "track" use, if im not mistaken. forgot the brand who makes some but they make them for the "common" cars, which aint us.. i dont think "air shocks" is the correct term.
        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

well yea i just need some kind so springs or shocks to go in the rear or the car so when i put my sub, my spare, and my jack the wheel well wont scrub my car

Comment

Doesn't KYB make an adjustable gas shock that fits the Accord? You can adjust the stiffness of the shock fairly simply. It's like a $110-$140 part.

Comment

Rear ride height could be increased by welding extensions onto the bottom of the rear coilovers. Just extend the 'legs' that attach the damper body to the LCA. Don't attempt this if you're not confident that you know what you're doing, don't weaken anything...
              Regards from Oz,
              John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
                Rear ride height could be increased by welding extensions onto the bottom of the rear coilovers. Just extend the 'legs' that attach the damper body to the LCA. Don't attempt this if you're not confident that you know what you're doing, don't weaken anything...
                so how would i go about doing this

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                  so how would i go about doing this
                  Can you weld / fabricate? You'd need to extend the length of the attachment 'prongs' at the bottom of the damper body so that you can drill new bolt holes that are further from the damper body.

The 'coilover' will be longer from suspension attachment to chassis attachment, thus increasing ride height in a somewhat similar manner to moving the lower spring seat higher on the damper body.
                  Regards from Oz,
                  John.

Comment

If you want it stifer in the rear throw in a spring rubber or two. That'll fix it.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                    "The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

My impression is that the OP doesn't want a stiffer spring rate, he just wants to restore the stock ride height lost due to overloading his car with unecessary and overly heavy hi-fi gear...
                      Last edited by johnl; 06-09-2009, 01:29 AM.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

Then get new springs.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                        "The Turtle"
                        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

air ride is fail!!!!!!!...dont waste your money on this shit man
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

I agree, air ride will be expensive and is prone to failure. A nice set of coilovers will do much better in terms of reailibility and ride quality. My Subaru XT at one time had air ride and needed $1200 struts every year! We got sick of that and went with a aftermarket strut and never looked back. Blowing a o-ring on a corner can be deadly.

If you need better loading ability look into wagon struts & springs.

Comment

Working...
                            X