No announcement yet.

No, you DO NOT need camber kits!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

be best to point out though if an article is bogus though...cause otherwise you are spreading it...and spreading bogus info does not look good on you...
    ____

Comment

if that person had that experience then it is certainly not bogus. that is HIS experience.

im dropped 2.5 and my camber is -.3 in the front and -.1 if any in the rear with no camber kit ( ball or anchor ) my toe is properly set and ive been rockin my tires for years with even wear. that is MY experience. if you disagree with it doesnt mean its bogus.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

to add to this ...

I have 2 years of experience doing alignments on lowered vehicles (about 95% of my customers) from working at a small wheel, tire and suspension shop.
        and I have to say I agree with the post.

All the people that are bashing this ether don't do alignments or have had bad alignment techs. I speak from experience i did a fair amount of alignment fixing on cars that "just" got an alignment somewhere else and the car did the same thing you guys above are complaining about (tire wear).

From personal experience I myself run -2.8 degrees of camber all the way around and my wear has been even... always. Ive had my car lowered for over 3 years now.

To the people that stated that after getting your toe aligned you still wore the inside. GO TO ANOTHER ALIGNMENT SHOP. There is a very common trick used by cheep alignment shops (and extremely lazy techs) that they get 2 people to hold the tires in place while he presses print, so that the print out looks legit but the alignment it self is still out ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

also ...

Dealerships are the worst place to take your car to get aligned (us older modified car drivers). Unless you personally know the tech. They don't teach alignment theory to techs and all they know is to put the numbers in the "green". Which obviously for our modified suspensions would not be the right settings.

Its very hard to find a good shop but please ask questions to the tech himself not the guy your giving the money too...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

to a point its right, obviously whats touching the ground will wear faster than the section not touching...but if its flipped correctly and you keep track of your tire pressure you wont have that significant of a loss of tire life.

i dont care what anyone has to say to that...i know from experience so shut your faces. please and thanks.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

ebay front camber kit is good if you're trying to collect insurance.

ive had two sets break on me while i was driving around town. luckily i was able to make it home.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                ebay front camber kit is good if you're trying to collect insurance.

ive had two sets break on me while i was driving around town. luckily i was able to make it home.
                i agree with this post

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Go to a shop that has something along the same tech. as Hunter's "hawkeye" alignment rack.

Granted that's a brand spanking new one...but a shop that has one similar (reflectors that go on the rims...etc etc)

so easy almost ANYone can align a car...damn those things made alignments so fast and easy! MUCH more likely to get an accurate and speedy alignment
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                    Go to a shop that has something along the same tech. as Hunter's "hawkeye" alignment rack.

Granted that's a brand spanking new one...but a shop that has one similar (reflectors that go on the rims...etc etc)

so easy almost ANYone can align a car...damn those things made alignments so fast and easy! MUCH more likely to get an accurate and speedy alignment
                    sure is better than the lasers.

it's really good when the rear is non adjustable like on chevy solid rear axle cars.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      lol i didnt say follow this guys advice.
                      Yeah, but you did title your thread "No, you DO NOT need camber kits!!!!!!!!"

Underground.Society
                      Originally posted by Deevergote
                      If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                        Yeah, but you did title your thread "No, you DO NOT need camber kits!!!!!!!!"

u dont need camber kits. i dont agree with the guys #1-6 everything b4 that is ok everything after is just his experience with u can take or leave.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I got the e-bay camber kit. been on the CB for 4 years no problem. I got the front and rear kit
                          Accord Of The Month January 09
                          Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                          BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

I thought I saw this same thread somewhere already

Comment

blah your driving also factors in a good bit on the wear of your tires... just thought i would throw that in there...
                              Members Ride sold...
                              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

alot of things are factors. and u get what u pay for.

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                                X