Rear strut bar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear strut bar???

It it just me or is there no area for a rear strut bar? Like in some of the Civics there is a place to put one but you need to cut through the trunk area to access it. HELP!!!
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Yup, we accord owners have no plastic cover, you have to pull back the carpeting to expose the mounting place for your rear upper strut bar, I cut a cross slit on my carpeting so it looks cleaner all that you can see is the bar itself not the mounting brackets.

Glenn
    Red Devil Crew - Member 7
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) 5spd swap...100% done. Will post pics soon.
    F22a1-Turbo still debating...?

Comment

Any how-to's or description of where the mounts are? Thanks for the info so far!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

dont do what i did:

the mounts are right behind the back seat (on coupes). but i didnt know that though. so i cut a hole more towards the middle of the trunk. so i kept cutting until i found it tucked way in towards the front of the wheel well in the trunk. now i have a huge hole in the carpeting. oh wells. but its pretty easy. just unbolt the three bolts, slip on the strut bar. then screw bolts back on. then on to the next side. i suggest not tightening the bolts right away. you should do a cross tightening method so you have an equal amount of torque on each bolt (one side being tighter than the other).

Comment

^^^Yeah, I would've figured it was more centered too. i have the coupe as well. What companies sell rear strut bars for the CB7 coupes? I've only seen front. Links? Thanks so far!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Are there any companies that make them? I want to buy one...but cannot find one.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

i believe dc sports makes them if you dont mind something that bends with the least amount of pressure....other than that i am still searching...hopefully there is something else?

Comment

Any bar is basically the same. As long as they don't flex. They will do the job. Well yea take apart the side cushions for your back seats and then pop all the plastic crap off. If you want to make it easier, you can even unbolt the thin metal plate thats in the way. After figuring out the position of where the bar will hit the plastic lining, cut it with any razor blade. Bolt down your strut bar. Then you're done!
                Tein SS

Comment

MansuAccord what do you have for a rear strut bar??

Comment

I don't like DC sports design either or PRICE for that matter!

check these out. they sell front & rear for 4th gens & are cheaper. I couldn't enlarge the pic to get a better view, but call them....see how they are as a part.

They have free shipping BTW, scroll all way to bottom

http://www.2kracing.com/accord-suspension.shtml
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

uhhhhhh

thats not cheap at all. ebay has the same ones for 30 each to your door. But there is one cool part i am interested in and its the last part possible on the page. will that fit on the 4thgens since we have similar suspenion?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Front lower arm bar? I never heard of (or saw) anything like that... I'm curious! What would that do for your suspension, and where exactly would it go?

I just told my girlfriend today that I want a set of eBay strut bars for Christmas I know they're not high quality, and they certainly won't gain me much respect, but if they get the job done they'll be just fine for me! Something like $45 for both front and rear shipped...

Comment

yea I've seen the Ebay strut bars & yes they are cheaper, but I'm thinking/hoping these are better & I'm not gonna spend over a $100 each on DC bars that have HOLES in them!

Comment

You get what you pay for...Those strut bars posted look like complete crap. Anyone I have talked to that bought anything like that off of ebay said that they noticed absolutely no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                              You get what you pay for...Those strut bars posted look like complete crap. Anyone I have talked to that bought anything like that off of ebay said that they noticed absolutely no difference.
                              that's what I've heard & I'm hoping these matrix deals are better. few things to consider..

material of bar?
                              solid or hollow bar?
                              connection points to struts 2 or 3 bolts?
                              bar to flange joint? is it weak or solid structure...

the designs I really like are not offered for cb7's, like Cusco

Comment

Working...
                              X