Coilovers or Lowering Springs On a DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers or Lowering Springs On a DD

Which would you prefer on a Daily Driver. Coilovers or a good set of lowering springs like Tein or H&R?
    Lowering Springs
    53.85%
    Coilovers
    46.15%
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

it all matters on what size tire, how low you are.

my car is dd, 2" inch drop, kyb gr2s, stock tire size
    im gonna say its flat threw the corners, but it rides like stock.

Comment

it all depends.

to me, idk. i like coilovers because i can choose the height i want to drive at. raise it up an inch or two for the winter when it snows or eliminate the fender/wheel gap during the spring and summer months. if you get a FULL coilover set up then you dont have to worry about matching them with struts for a good ride. but full coilover set ups or coilover/strut(a GOOD sleeve/strut combo) set ups cost $450+.

but with lowering springs, you dont have to much worry about raising or lowering. its a static drop. pair them with some nice struts and you'll be golden. with about $350, you can have a nice better than stock ride thats not to stiff or soft.

Comment

Really depends on a lot

I would say the spring rates of whatever you're choosing will really determine what to get, as well as the quality of your roads, your tire/wheel size etc. I live around really bad roads... "Race" springs and 215-45-17s were just too much; I have downgraded to 205-55-16s and its bearable.

Generally though I would go with coilovers if you are not gonna go with Koni Yellows.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Who are you???

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
            Who are you???
            pazzword jdm lol. i had a stalker, had to make a name change. shhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              Who are you???
              wow. that helped out a lot. if your not going to help, dont post.

top the OP. how much are looking to spend.

Comment

He asked that because we were talking earlier. Not his fault, he was just curious.

On topic: I already have Tein S-Techs with KYB GR-2 shocks but I was reading a thread yesterday about a company looking to start making coilovers for our cars for $300. Thats why I was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                  wow. that helped out a lot. if your not going to help, dont post.

top the OP. how much are looking to spend.
                  budget is a huge thing

Comment

Yeah, it depend on a lot of things.
                    First thing come to mind is budget in this case I would said lower springs casue coilover aren't cheap.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                      First thing come to mind is budget in this case I would said lower springs casue coilover aren't cheap.
                      makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                        budget is a huge thing
                        Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                        basicly.

if you plan on spending more than like $300-400 then a good spring/strut combo will be good. if you have $600-$800, Func./Form Type Ones, Tanabe Sustec Pro's, or Tien Basic Dampners will do fine. any further than that, you'll be looking into getting dampening adjustable coilovers.

Comment

One of these days I'm going to make a flow chart to help people determine what suspension setup to go with.
                          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X