Roll Cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    A full cage is acutally MORE dangerous in a street car. If you're not wearing a helmet when you drive to Wal Mart, don't put a cage in your car. It significantly reduces the amount of clearance you have, and even a minor accident could cause serious head injury.

If you want anything at all, get a roll bar that goes behind your driver's seat.
    NHRA rules require that all main hoops be located a specified distance behind the drivers seat. and a properly designed roll cage should also include the proper harness bar to prevent driver movement with the proper seatbelts/harnesses. That being said...

I agree with deev in that if you have a full roll cage its not really practical in a crash unless you have other safety devices in your car. Factory seatbelt will most likely cause head injury due to the increased movements of the driver when compared to a real racing seat and 4 or 5 point harnesses where you cant move much at all.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

yea but at least you look cool when you're not crashing.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        yea but at least you look cool when you're not crashing.
        ^haha

My New Ride
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

In my opinion, a properly installed roll bar is the way to go. Plus it's not hard to install it according to NHRA rules; all it takes is five seconds and tape measure.
          Think about getting hit in the side in a lowered CB by a big truck/SUV... Just the B-pillar protecting you... vs B-pillar plus the hoop plus 4 or 6 supports for the hoop.
          Not to mention the handling improvement you get.

But I agree 100&#37; about having a full cage in a street car. Don't do it unless it's mainly a track car with occasional street driving.

Comment

I would have to say a dd would not be good having a roll cage. Plus if you ever had people in the car that would be putting there lives at risk. Just so you can handle corners a little better, if i was ever to get a roll cage it would be strictly for auto-x and once in a while on those beautiful days that you just have to go for a drive.

My New Ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Working...
            X