Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

94 accord strut question. how to remove spring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 accord strut question. how to remove spring.

i have a RED strut on there with a pin thing in the middle where the allen wrench is suppose to hold the strut still while i can loosen the other bolt around it.

i tried all the allen and hex screwdrivers i got and none work

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Can you take a picture because " with a pin thing " dosent ring a bell for me.

Comment

fucking *** ass aftermarket struts. i like the allen wrench ones.
      Last edited by cvc7chris; 04-09-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

anyone? even if we buy new struts i'd still need to take off the stuff of this one to go with it

Comment

Its kind of common sense... See how there are two flat spots.. Use an open end wrench and hold it or pliers. You might have to use and impact when it runs out of space.

Comment

thought so, but i tried a couple pliers and couldn't do it. i might have to take it to my friend shop where he's got air tools

Comment

You cant use air tools on that thing. You put an adjustable wrench on the 2 flat spots ( get a big one ) and you put a box end wrench on the nut and turn them opposite directions. Spray it down with soem pb blaster and it'll come loose or die trying.

Comment

died trying...true story

Comment

First question are they used?

If not how come you didn't get the adjusting knobs for it if they are in fact brand new? If they are used then find the person you bought them from and see what they say I'm certain they have a special knob that you need to make adjusting easier
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

used.

it's my friends car he's owned for years. and he's never ever changed nothing on suspension. i asked him if the owner before gave him an adjusting key or anything but he said "no" i'm like FUCK..probably gonna have to get cut off or something

Comment

plasma cutter.....

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        You cant use air tools on that thing. You put an adjustable wrench on the 2 flat spots ( get a big one ) and you put a box end wrench on the nut and turn them opposite directions. Spray it down with soem pb blaster and it'll come loose or die trying.
                        You just put a impact on the nut and 90% of the times it will just spin off without turning the shaft.

Comment

use a vice grip on the shaft in between the spring, Use a rag around the shaft and then lock the vice grip.

Comment

got it. we used an impact wrench with a bit of heat (yes i know it's dangerous) but it was only on the drivers side strut, the passengers came off easy..the struts were bad anyways and popping or what not, so we got new struts. the accord i lowered for my friend looks good. i'll get pics

also had a problem with the rear top (2) strut bolts on the inside part, it was stripped even before i got there. so we had to heat it up and make it come off.

Comment

Working...
                            X