Neuspeed Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuspeed Springs

I was wondering if Neuspeed Race Springs would work on a stock strut. The drop is 2.2 in front and 2.0 in back if that helps.

Re: Neuspeed Springs

Originally posted by JDub
    I was wondering if Neuspeed Race Springs would work on a stock strut. The drop is 2.2 in front and 2.0 in back if that helps.
    the race springs will eventually blow the stock struts (OEM struts are not designed to hold lowering springs). How the long the struts will last depends on how old they are. Better off getting the aftermarket shocks and springs at the same time.

Comment

What shocks do you reccomend?

Comment

the race springs blew out my stock shocks/struts in a month. if you're going with race springs, i'd recommend koni yellows.
        Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

My other question is if i lower my car 2.2 in the front and 2.0 in the back, am i going to need a camber kit for the front and the back, or just the front.

Comment

My other question is if i lower my car 2.2 in the front and 2.0 in the back, am i going to need a camber kit for the front and the back, or just the front.
            yes... you'll need a camber kit for the front and rear.

koni's are great but they will cost a significant wad of cash.

What is your budget? We can narrow your choices if we know how much you are willing to spend.

Comment

The most that I really want to spend is like 300 bucks.

Comment

The most that I really want to spend is like 300 bucks.
                for both springs and shocks?

Comment

Yes on both springs and shocks. I have such a tight budget it pisses me off. I wish i could spend more but around 300 is the best I can really do.

Comment

your best bet if you want race springs is get some used ones for around $85 shipped. Then buy some used kyb's or tokico's in good condidtion for the remaining $215. Then install yourself. Mind you camber kits are around an extra $100. Then an alignment - ~$50. But if i were you, i'd just save up the money and get a good susp. setup. Trust me. Most of us have gone the "cheap" way to do things only to find out we shoulda just saved up an extra $100-200 for way better parts.
                    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                      your best bet if you want race springs is get some used ones for around $85 shipped. Then buy some used kyb's or tokico's in good condidtion for the remaining $215. Then install yourself. Mind you camber kits are around an extra $100. Then an alignment - ~$50. But if i were you, i'd just save up the money and get a good susp. setup. Trust me. Most of us have gone the "cheap" way to do things only to find out we shoulda just saved up an extra $100-200 for way better parts.
                      i couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

Aight guys thanks for the input.

Comment

Definitely take their advice and do it the right way the first time.

I installed my neus. races about 2 months ago...got a pretty good deal on em (55 shipped). I've been doing a lot of driving on them and the stock shocks are still fine. The roads here are terrible, and the ride was extremely soft at first, but now that they've settled in, the ride is very stiff, even on stock struts. Can't even imagine how stiff it'd be on aftermarkets. I haven't gotten the camber kit yet, but the back doesn't look bad at all. It's the front that's way off...I might be able to get away with putting washers in the rear. Need to get some more money first though.

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
                            It's the front that's way off...I might be able to get away with putting washers in the rear. Need to get some more money first though.
                            yeah... i can tell that the front is off. looks like how my wheels sat when i had no camber kit. my camber was off nearly -3 degrees in the front before the camber kit install

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                              yeah... i can tell that the front is off. looks like how my wheels sat when i had no camber kit. my camber was off nearly -3 degrees in the front before the camber kit install
                              definitely. I'm kinda in a dillemma right now though due to short funds...and may just have to do the camber/allignment for now and then get the koni's sometime next year and get the car re-alligned again. Sucks to have to waste money, but that's what happens when you're hasty and don't plan out things well. Fortunately I'm on stock 15's so the tires won't eat out before I can flinch.

My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                              X