Cant get my ESP 3 point bar installed for the life of me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant get my ESP 3 point bar installed for the life of me

Wanted to post this up for you guys to see before I try asking John over at ESP. Didnt know if anyone else had the same issue im having. The bar seems to be about 6" away from fitting in 2 spots. In the pictures I have the pass. side mounted to the strut tower. The firewall mount is just about under the windshield and the drivers side mount is no where near fitting. When we tried to pull the drivers side mount towards the front of the car the pass. side mount twisted and we could tell something was extremely wrong. To get the bar onto the drivers side strut tower would mean snapping the pass. side mount, no doubt about it. We tried it the reverse way too, putting the drivers side on first. The bar was even further away from fitting this way. Then we tried setting it down flat onto all 3 mounting points, once again, no where near fitting. Any idea what I can do to make this work before I take this up with john?

This picture just shows that the bar is on straight on the pass. side strut tower.

Look how far the firewall mount is behind the firewall

He may have sent you a bar for another chassis.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Definitely a good possibility. Ill check into that. Thanks josh

Comment

damm yea i think it isnt for your car...maybe a 5th gen?

^^MY OLD RIDE
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

Yeah, the bar is either for a different car, his jigging got messed up(unlikely) or your frame isn't straight at all.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            Yeah, the bar is either for a different car, his jigging got messed up(unlikely) or your frame isn't straight at all.
            car has never been in an accident so i dont think its bent out of shape enough to make a difference.

Comment

They sent you a wrong one.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Emailed Back. Thanks-John

Comment

Looks to me like the firewall mount is in the wrong spot.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                    Looks to me like the firewall mount is in the wrong spot.
                    YES!!!!!!!! (damn, I'm not the first one )

You mounted the "firewall" brace point to the inside of the wiper housing when in fact it should be mounted on the outside of it. I own one so I know exactly how it goes on. believe me, You'll HAVE to drop your suspension to get this bar on. it's a very tight fight but it will go on.

The bar looks fine but your mounting point is incorrect.
                    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                      YES!!!!!!!! (damn, I'm not the first one )

You mounted the "firewall" brace point to the inside of the wiper housing when in fact it should be mounted on the outside of it. I own one so I know exactly how it goes on. believe me, You'll HAVE to drop your suspension to get this bar on. it's a very tight fight but it will go on.

The bar looks fine but your mounting point is incorrect.
                      Trust me, i didnt mount the firewall brace to the inside of the wiper housing. Im no where near that dumb.

Anyway, sorry for not posting. I did get the bar on yesterday. Dropped the suspension completely and fit it on. Youre right though, it was a real tight fit.

John was a big help and I still should email him and thank him. He walked me through the right way to do it and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Comment

Did you have to remove any material from the bolt holes on the bar?
                        Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                          Did you have to remove any material from the bolt holes on the bar?
                          not at all.

Comment

just goes to show you how much your engine bay has shifted over the years.

Comment

it didnt really shift at all. there is just a proper way to instal it and i wasnt doing it until i talked to john at esp

Comment

Working...
                              X