Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choosing the right setup

Sup guys,

Its time to give the cb a new setup cause my shocks took a dump and floats like a boat.

what I have in mind.
    1) function and form type 1

2) Megan EZ street adjustable

My main concern is Life span of the coilovers and my DD with family and friends.

How I drove.

I drive alot with the family and put alot of load to cb which the car is always full and sometime just myself. I like to gun it in the mountain pass which is the hwy 74 when we take quick trips to Oceanside or the beach. I don't go to the track or do any track racing and most of the driving is highway.

So what I'm asking is which do you think is going to take the abuse the best and hold up. I just want my money's worth in what I'm getting and that they last for a while. If anyone has or had either set up please give me your input cause I would like to purchase them tonight.

Marry Jane

I recommend the Eibach Pro-Kit combined with Koni STR.T shocks. The ride quality will be reasonable, though stiffer than stock. The drop will be 1.2'' all around, and the Koni shocks will easily handle the drop. Eibach and Koni are both among the most reputable companies for producing quality products, so you will never have problems with durability.

I would avoid softer springs such as the Tein S-tech. Those will provide an excellent drop, but when the car is loaded with people/luggage, the rear will sag too low to the ground. This is what I'm experiencing with my suspension setup. I'm currently replacing my exhaust system because of too much exhaust scrapeage. (I carry 4-5 people, luggage, etc very often).

I've heard great things about Form and Function setups, but the Eibach/Koni method will come out much cheaper in the end. That being said, I'll let other members add more details about F&Fs; I don't have personal experience with them.
    Last edited by Nurega; 03-28-2011, 11:24 PM.
    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

thanks sandeep, anyone else before I buy.I think from searching some more I found people like the function and form coilovers over alot of what most members have on their rides, also should I go through the company its self or buy it off of ebay?

the price is the same and at both places and Function and Form I believe is not that far from where I live in Pomona.

if no one responds I'll just buy what I think is quality and post up what I think of them compared to my current setup which is Suspension Technique springs with kyb struts which the struts didnt last long in relation to time spent driving. I was
      happy with the springs but not the life span of these struts.

also need to pick up some UCA befor I install anything cause
      I hate the sounds that come from them uhh.

Marry Jane

Comment

Working...
      X