18 x 9.5 +44 wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 x 9.5 +44 wheels.

I have a line on for nice rims which would be very unique to see on a CB. I think they should look good.

The specs on the wheels are 18 x 8.5 +44 and 18 x 9.5 +44. I know this is very, very aggressive, and some but modifications will be required, but how much? Wheel experts on the CB chassis, please chime in.

Advice is needed as I can get some $5000 rims at a fraction of the cost. It's a steal.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

You're gonna have to roll your renders, stretch your tires, and run ridiculous camber. Even then I'm not sure how well they'll fit.
    RonaldTypeR used to have some 9" wide wheels on his old CB, and those are the biggest I've seen.

If anything, buy them anyway. You can always sell them later.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

I'm possibly looking at a similar setup. 9.5" +44's are an 1.25 inches more track width than most aftermarket wheels (assuming a 7" wide wheel with an offset around 40-45), so I don't think you'll have as much trouble fitting them as you think. The biggest issue I see is that they are also 1.25" closer to the rear suspension too, so you may need to run a spacer and then clearance the fender more.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I did the calculations, and I need a spacer to get down to +38. This is a difference of 6 mm = .24" ~ 1/4". I think with a lil' fender work, not much, a -0.5* of camber or so, and we may be in good shape.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

What wheels are they?I bet they are going to look great on the car with that size and with those specs..

Car audio classifieds...
          http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
          Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
          X