Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about some coilover sleeves i just got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have the money to do it right, then don't do it at all.

I can almost guarantee you the car will actually handle better with the stock suspension than it will with these crappy sleeves paired with stock (blown?) shocks.

Even if you don't care about handling and just want the car to look cool, well....your car is going to look much sillier when it bounces uncontrollably at low speeds. Imagine pulling into a parking lot and your car is bouncing like a pogo stick. People will laugh, and that will be you.

Just please, don't install them.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just don't see why you guys are against eBay coils as I once was too but I know many people who have them and there car rides fine...obviously not nearly as good as it would if they had some of right and like I said I'm not slamming I'm already on a 2in drop and I'm maybe going another half inch so I guess its just me but I don't see the difference if I'm on springs or coils ....now I have a mother question I have a set of twin stechs in my room now if I get good struts meant for those springs will may car be lower then of they were on stock struts...my guess is no it would just be the 2 in drop or so?

Comment

Originally posted by alekp92jdm View Post
        I just don't see why you guys are against eBay coils as I once was too but I know many people who have them and there car rides fine...?
        People are against them because they SUCK. I suppose "rides fine" is relative because my definition of "riding fine" is most definitely NOT Ebay sleeves. Those sleeves you have are universal, meaning they sell those EXACT set for Hondas all the way to Mitsubishis and to Toyotas. How could you possibly say sleeves with a universal spring rate ride fine?

You must be young bro because the older you get the more you appreciate ride comfort and quality. You probably don't give a damn about bouncing all over the road.
        I have a set of twin stechs in my room now if I get good struts meant for those springs will may car be lower then of they were on stock struts.....
        I have no idea what "twin stechs" are but I am assuming they are some type of lowering spring but to answer your question, no it does not matter what type of shock you have on your car it will not make it lower.

If you want a shock that has the ability to adjust the height of your car then get some Koni yellows, they have an adjustable spring perch that can raise/lower the car another half and inch or so.

Comment

I am young lol 20 to be exact....and I just a saw an eg bouncing all over the freeway and if my car is going to be that bad then fuck no in don't want them lol and I meant tein s-tech...sorry autocorrect got me BT thanx for the input guys I guess I'll try and sell them

Comment

You gotta pay to play, do it right or don't do it at all. That's my motto.

If those were mine I would turn them into a hood prop or a desk lamp.
            Last edited by dysfunk; 12-01-2012, 05:27 PM.
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

thanx for the input guys I guess I'll try and sell them
              Hey listen my dude nobody here is trying to dog you or talk shit. We are really trying to guide you in the right direction when it comes to those sleeves you got. When we say they are crap, thats no exaggeration. I think that is the only aftermarket item made that the overall consensus is pretty much the same. Yeah they are cheap and yeah you can lower your car to the ground with them but you are sacrificing so much more. Trust me.

Like dysfunk said, you definitely have to pay to play. Buy whatever you want but just stay clear of them universal sleeves.

Comment

Working...
              X