How about H&R Sport springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about H&R Sport springs?

I know there are a couple of post about the H&R Sport springs right know, but just wanted to know how you guys feel about them? I do like the 2" drop look, don't get me wrong, but I'll be runnin on stock steelies and don't have the budget to get a chamber kit. I just want to reduce the gappagg a little bit, but keeping it simple! So any help would be good and possible pics to if ya want to! Thanks

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    oh well. its just a car, its not the end of the world.

Best advice ever right here..........wait until you can do it right.

I waited until I could get the full setup that I have now and I don't regret it one bit. I'm running KYB AGX's, Neuspeed Sports (same as H&R just a different name), and an SPC Extreme Camber Kit. It's great...little bouncy on the highway sometimes, but great otherwise.

If you slack off and don't buy a camber kit, you WILL be replacing your tires every two or four months. When I went to get my alignment, the camber was out a good 2.5 degrees. You would be a total noob to not buy kits.

Hope that helped!

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

Originally posted by iamnemo
      Best advice ever right here..........wait until you can do it right.

I waited until I could get the full setup that I have now and I don't regret it one bit. I'm running KYB AGX's, Neuspeed Sports (same as H&R just a different name), and an SPC Extreme Camber Kit. It's great...little bouncy on the highway sometimes, but great otherwise.

If you slack off and don't buy a camber kit, you WILL be replacing your tires every two or four months. When I went to get my alignment, the camber was out a good 2.5 degrees. You would be a total noob to not buy kits.

Hope that helped!
      Totally agree. I had the H&R springs which had the 1.9 in the front and the 1.7 in the back and I did'nt go with any adjustable coilovers or anything. The ride was crap. Save some dough and get yourself a fully adjustable strut/shocks and coilovers. It will save you time and money in the long run.
      my ride

Comment

Neuspeed and H&R were rumored at one point to be manufactured by the same spring winding company but I have experienced both springs and both gave a different ride. Even the spring rates are different. The Neu. springs are have a higher spring rate then the H&R. H&R sport springs gave a smooth ride but didn't give the handling that i wanted. The Neu. sports are gave a great ride with better handling. The race springs WHEN PAIRED with the Neu. Koni shocks gave me the best of both worlds.
        So though it is possible that both springs may be produced by the same company (still a rumor), that does not mean the springs are the same spring with merely a different name.
        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by bracersi
          Totally agree. I had the H&R springs which had the 1.9 in the front and the 1.7 in the back and I did'nt go with any adjustable coilovers or anything. The ride was crap. Save some dough and get yourself a fully adjustable strut/shocks and coilovers. It will save you time and money in the long run.
          It's a double edged sword...
          Stiff performance oriented springs are not going to ride like a stock car... you'll lose that cadilac feel... in trade you get handling gains...

If you run soft springs that give you a good ride you won't gain as much in the handling dept...

A perfect example... I had 400-500 lb coilover sleeves on illuminas and no matter where I set the illuminas it still rode like ass over bumps...it was obnoxious... but I could literally take corners at twice the speed I was used to taking them...

It's a tradeoff... performance for comfort...and performance for comfort... you need to decide which is more important...

and on a sidenote... I'm still waiting for my Neuspeed Race springs to sag... about 5-6 years later they have gone down maybe 1/8th of an inch...
          Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 04-01-2005, 02:19 PM.
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Thanks for the advice, then my next question to you guys would be what is a good camber kit that'll do its job and not break the bank? I'll be running on tokico blues, just so you know!

Comment

Look in my sig for a link to my pics.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ

and on a sidenote... I'm still waiting for my Neuspeed Race springs to sag... about 5-6 years later they have gone down maybe 1/8th of an inch...
                I have never known Neu. springs to sag. I have seen them "settle" but not sag. Eibach springs on the other hand are notorious for sagging though.
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Have you considered coilovers?

Omni Power
                  600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

green cb7, do you camber with the H&R's? How low is your car (has it changed from what the manufactor says)?

kamaccord, i wish i had the money, but i'm on a budget! Thanks for the suggestion though!

Comment

I'm not sure if it needs a camber kit but when u look at it up close u can tell the tires aren't straight, I haven't gotten an alignment yet so i don't know. The springs have dropped it like it was suppose to. It's going to be about 2 months since I had them put in and I've only driven less than 200 miles so I'm not sure if they've settled in yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X