Loud Scraping around wheel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loud Scraping around wheel.

Hi all. I have a issue on the passenger side wheel. When I drive I hear a scrappin sound. I thought it was my dust shield but its not, when I apply the brakes the scrap can b heard also but not as loud as I'm driving. The steering wheel itself does not wobble or anything, can someone point me out where 2 start looking. This started after I launched hard off the line. I can drive then all of a sudden I hear scrappin noise. Then it will go away or come back louder. I was thinkin wheel bearing but its a scraping sound not that unique bearing sound.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

I want to say wheel hub bearing.Have you checked the wheel well splash gaurds to see if theyre secure? Maybe when driving the wind is pushing it against your tire causing the noise.Or axle maybe.Whatever it is,hope its an easy fix for you.

Comment

check your brake pads, maybe you have a caliper sticking using up the pad faster on that side and the pad squealers are hitting the rotor now.

Comment

I took the brakes apart put them back together. And its not scrapin.. if it does its very very faint noise. Not as loud and scary as b4. In general I need new rotors they r super old and not smooth.

Comment

Mine was the dust cover> Double check It wouldn't do it When I turned the rotor. Only When I drove the car.

Steve

Comment

Triple checked that.

Comment

Noise came back yesterday. Took caliper apart and put it back together, and it went away. I just hear a faint noise.

Y is it when I disassemble the brakes and put it back it goes away. It has 2 b brake related. When the noise is there scrapin, and I apply brakes u can hear a different pitch.

Someone told me 2 check my hub by shakin the shit outta my rotor, and I did that. No play in it.

I don't kno where else 2 start. My rotors need to b replaced anyways, or perhaps get the whole knucke from the yard.

If it is the axle how can it be so? When I apply the brakes durin the pitch its a different scrapin sound, its only on the passenger side. Perhaps I should just get new pads
              Last edited by F20A CB7; 03-22-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

if you need new rotors might as well get new pads, and see if it takes care of the noise. if it doesn't, well at least you know it's not the rotor or pads anymore.

when you took your brakes apart, was the piston seal in good condition? if not, they may not be returning all the way and causing that side to grind (i just had this problem)

Comment

I did not see any tears in the caliper seal.

Was your scrap loud then when u applied brakes it made a different pitch?

Comment

While you are are it. Go rotor over hub. Maybe your caliper slides are sticking.

Comment

Possibly those thin metal pads you use to hold the pads on?

I really can't think of too many things it could be.

Comment

I was thinkin those lil metal pieces also. I hhave some from a cb9 but the brakes r larger. Idk if it will fit.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                          While you are are it. Go rotor over hub. Maybe your caliper slides are sticking.

Would like to. But I don't have much help. Bleedin the abs is a puta I hear.
                          Slides as in the bolts? I greased them up yesterday. Today I hear faint noise. Some scraping.

Comment

Check the brake hardware for looseness. Check the wear indication to see if it's on tight. It can't be too many things that scrape under there. It could be scraping of the bad bearing. Doesn't the bearing has a dust cover? Maybe that came off. There's like an thin cover over the bearing more like a permanent stick on oil seal.

Comment

I don't understand ur last sentence. Should I remove my axle and check?

I shook rotor for movement. Doesn't move to see if my bearings are bad, I regreased the bolts that make the rotor slide.

I don't get it. If I take apart brakes and put them back the sound goes away but will come back. Caliper doesn't stick. Rotor spins freely.

Comment

Working...
                              X