No announcement yet.

when will my rear end kick out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to start reading rules and regulations before moding. A nice simple N/A setup like jdm_accorns would go along ways in both fun and track.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I remember reading the rules for the first autox I ever attended (I didn't end up running.) Something as simple as a carbon fiber hood could cost you.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        You're missing my point. Hopefully you'll get it before you drop too much money into the car.
        I think im getting your point.

try the auto x first to really see where i should go.learn the car which IMO i already know pretty well. my beef is that while i am doing a manual swap at the end of this year the f which has 347k on it would not be able to take the abuse very long. i am getting some potenza's soon and i plan to put in a progress rear sway aswell.

what im thinking of doing is to build my f as planned but turn it down to about 200WHP and get the feel for that. then when im ready turn it up to 300whp

one way or another i am going to need an engine rebuild so why not drop a shit ton of money into it but turn it down from its full potential for a little while?

i really hope that is getting your point.
        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
          You need to start reading rules and regulations before moding. A nice simple N/A setup like jdm_accorns would go along ways in both fun and track.
          i LOVE accorns car. but i thought N/A was quite expensive.

what do you all reccomend i should start with in getting the most info i can about the pros/cons of NA and turbo?
          visit vgruk

Comment

Do the 5 speed swap, but get used to the car in slow form. Don't expect to build it up and then turn it down. This isn't a video game. Even a fully built turbo car "tuned down" to 200whp will still be a handful.
            Knowing your car on the street and knowing your car at the limits on a track are two very different things.

Also, as SOHC-FTW said, be sure you read up on the rules for whatever you want to do. You may find that you've modified the car to a point where any track will require a full roll cage before they'll let you on.

Don't be so anxious to race with a fast car. You'll get more out of your car as it is now, once you've done some suspension upgrades and that transmission swap.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Do the 5 speed swap, but get used to the car in slow form. Don't expect to build it up and then turn it down. This isn't a video game. Even a fully built turbo car "tuned down" to 200whp will still be a handful.
              Knowing your car on the street and knowing your car at the limits on a track are two very different things.

Also, as SOHC-FTW said, be sure you read up on the rules for whatever you want to do. You may find that you've modified the car to a point where any track will require a full roll cage before they'll let you on.

Don't be so anxious to race with a fast car. You'll get more out of your car as it is now, once you've done some suspension upgrades and that transmission swap.
              ok. i will deffently take all that to heart. the red for sure because your right. i think im going to focus on an all motor build instead of turbo because to me the benefits are a lot better

i guess im trying to take on to much. i just want it to all be cost effective and i don't want to do it twice
              visit vgruk

Comment

I wouldn't even say that. All motor has its benefits, and it has its drawbacks.

If you want to race, do it without anything significant done to the engine.

Comment

Hes running stock block and head pretty darn simple an cheap. He made somelike 164whp with a old lvl2, generic header, gutted h23 IM an bolt on's.

I would much rather have a N/A setup for curves, but this is all speculation until ya read the rule books. I always wanted to rally, even the most modest and novice builds cost a small fortune. Like my $2000 car costing 10k plus to build with a mostly factory drivetrain still.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                  X