Check out this camber kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out this camber kit!

Ive never seen these before. Has anyone tried them?
    I think these are a much better option then the ball joint kits. Which are a pita to install. (at least for me)

"Our custom built upper control arms offer extreme duability, adjustablility and 1 1/4" x .156 wall DOM tubing. Most ball joint mounts accept an original ball joint & made of 3/8" plate steel.

An excellent addition for your air ride suspension or just as a aftermarket alternative for your drop!"

http://www.x2industries.com/honda-19...l#.UlSM3oasj3h

Reminds me of the Skunk 2 camber kits:

Last edited by AmznAzn; 10-08-2013, 07:09 PM.

^MRT^

Ball joints aren't hard to install.

But I'd be cautious of the brand and quality of these.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Conceptually: awesome.

But, some particulars are missing.
      • For starters, the wording of the description: "most ball joints accept an original ..." So most of these products work well, but some are defective? Or more likely, most products, in the line of "custom upper control arms," accept an original ball joint. What does this one accept?
      • The ball joint plates mount to the arm with four bolts. I don't see any washers in the photo there under the bolts, which is something I would have expected to see. Either the photo is misleading, my assumption that there should be washers is wrong, or the kit doesn't include them and I begin to question the quality of the product overall given this oversight.
      • This could be due to the angle of the photo, but the chassis mounting mounts don't look at all aligned with each other axially, though they at least look consistent across the symmetry. I'm pretty sure the stock arms are aligned axially, and my intuition about how the upper arm moves in the system tells me they should be aligned axially. I could be wrong here, but assuming I'm not, this is also not a good sign. On the same front: how does compatibility with the offering of bushings work?

Comment

Those remind me of the chassis tech FUCAs that I bought years ago, look just like that too. I installed them and they would not even tuck into the pocket for the UCA. Basically hit the arch of the wheel well were the plastic liner is, not even close to fitting. Some serious surgery was required and I returned them immediately. So, I would stay away. At least Skunk2 has the right idea, keep the b/j end narrow and the arm shaped like an "A" and not a "U"

Comment

The description seems to say that they don't come with BJ's installed. So if you have to press in a balljoint anyways, why not go with a proven product like the Ingalls or SPC adjustable BJ's?
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            Those remind me of the chassis tech FUCAs that I bought years ago, look just like that too. I installed them and they would not even tuck into the pocket for the UCA. Basically hit the arch of the wheel well were the plastic liner is, not even close to fitting. Some serious surgery was required and I returned them immediately. So, I would stay away. At least Skunk2 has the right idea, keep the b/j end narrow and the arm shaped like an "A" and not a "U"
            Yes!. I tried those too. garbage! my seller was a douche and wouldn't let me return them and actually starting arguing with me.
            wat?

Comment

Why not get the anchor bolt style if you don't want to fool with ball joints?
              Last edited by honda2014; 10-09-2013, 04:05 PM.
              Originally posted by Quashish
              hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

I have the Ingalls ball joint kit, but it tired of it hitting the top of the fender so im looking for something with a lower profile. (especially since im planning to go lower soon)

^MRT^

Comment

Working...
                X